HSV Forum

Page 4 of 9 First << ... 23456 ... Last >>

Thread: LSA Camshafts

Quote Originally Posted by commander_dan View Post
    Absolutely it is the same, which is why I had simplified it even further to engine capacity.

What restaurant sells you a dish called "custom mystery dish" on the menu and refuses to disclose the ingredients? It's madness and I've quickly come to realise, pointless, so I'm bowing out on this argument. Sorry OP, I tried.
    KFC and Coke a Cola come to mind immediately

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Yep, and yet they will disclose ingredients, and dietary information about their product.

Quote Originally Posted by commander_dan View Post
    Yep, and yet they will disclose ingredients, and dietary information about their product.
    Because itís the law and can effect peopleís health.
    But the secrets are not disclosed.
    Last edited by GenF-GTS; 1 Week Ago at 12:40 AM.

Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Because itís the law and can effect peopleís health.
    But the secrets are not disclosed.
    And neither would the secrets of a camshaft be disclosed in the basic information the OP was asking about, verified by yourself earlier, and my point exactly..

You can think what you want, but people are never not going to want to know what they're paying good money for to modify their cars. I'm willing to bet the OP nor most on this forum are not out to get you or oust you of your achievements.

I apologize for saying you're not here to help people, I was just frustrated by your erratic and somewhat nonsensical reply to my otherwise logical questions.

Most Workshops are aware that you need over 600thou lift to achieve plenty of air flow into the engine.
    This amount of lift requires a certain amount of duration to safely open and close the valves.

By disclosing any information about 50thou duration will give a guide to others of “roughly” where they need to be playing with the Cam.

Brian Tooley has a spintron and engine dyno, people looking for a Cam should contact him.
    I ran 10.3 @136mph at 2015kg with his Cam and mast heads. This was a BTR3 Cam.

hey, I'm into the nocturnal mating habits of southern Venezuelan mountain goats. Maybe I can compare that to a camshaft....
    Last edited by markost; 1 Week Ago at 12:56 AM.
    GTSR Maloo Interchiller

Quote Originally Posted by markost View Post
    hey, I'm into the nocturnal mating habits of southern Venezuelan mountain goats. Maybe I can compare that to a camshaft....
    That would be the BTR2 camshaft you’re thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by 1QIKLSA View Post
    Been doing a bit of research in to upgrades for my GTS and I'm seeing a lot of similar packages around the same numbers once the add a cam and all the usual bolt ons but no one seems to give away the specs. Anyone know the difference between say the Harrop or Walkinshaw? These kits and cams seem to make the numbers but don't run the times. How are the cams different to the FII packages that run the times?

Can anyone elaborate on the spec of cam that is in these packages?

As far as I can work out that's what the difference comes down to. They're generally running similar boost, all the other bolt ons are the same so it must be the cam right?

Just trying to work out what to do from the start rather than being led down the garden path and wasting money as I've been there before
    Back to original question, I have found the whole cam thing very frustrating over the years both here with my LSA and in Uk with my Callaway C4B LS1 and later in my LS3.
    The ls3 was cammed with the Walkinshaw wild cam as available back then - the hole experience was horrendous - the cam may of worked I never found out as several weeks of retunes etc Walkinshaw couldnít get it to run, stalling every time it stopped etc a nightmare...
    Lesson learned I want a cam that is :-
    A drive able
    B gives me torque / hp and falls off around 6200rpm
    C isnít going to kill the valve train with silly ramp rates

Now I have found no one gives out useable cam info, you can request what you would like cam to do and shops hopefully will point you in right direction, but I would say vast majority frankly havenít a clue.
    LSA wise I just look on CTSV or ZL1 look for cars with similar mods and see where they have got for cams.
    The info youíll find will be Iíve got a BTR stage 2,3 or 4 or I have a vengeance racing xyz or I have lpe kit.....
    Only place Iíve seen anyone list full cam specs is on cam supplier sites.
    Itís an absolute minefield.
    Itís all sheep following each other because I fitted x and it worked.

What are youíre goals
    What would you like in terms of idle - smooth stock - nice and lumpy
    Lots of torque / hp where? Hi or Low in curve flat or peaky.
    Good economy or donít care

Now you say what you got that fits my goals.

FYI Iím in same boat, currently awaiting full exhaust then Iíll be out to crack 10ís and have car that I daily and drives like stock but with more power, then Iíll be going cam, I will look at what others are using.
    Id be hoping my relationship with my tuner and shop will guide me in right direction.
    MY END GOALS are ?
    Iíd like run as close as to flat 10 without spinning blower any harder, without having to do anymore to fuel system, have great drive ability and nice idle, donít mind a Little Rock!! eg youíd have too listen really close to tell.

Then pray to god tuner / shop has done similar car and point you in right direction,
    If not few cam changes later youíll probably end up somewhere!!!!

Basically hope you find what looking for,
    BTR pd2ís and 3ís very popular in USA
    GenF2 30yr Senator
    Previous GenF my15 Gts (fastest stock cam/heads 10.68 @ 130.3)
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

I think you need one of the good ole ď3/4 Race CamsĒ

BTR3 in my GTS

Thread Information