HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12

Thread: Oil

Pickles,

I don't know any dealer who puts in Mobil 1 unless you pay extra $$$ for it.

I supply my own Mobil 1 and I get $100 off the service for supplying my own oil. I stock up when it's cheap, so my current M1 stock cost me $10/litre, so I get fully synthetic in the car for $76, yet they credit me $100 for not supplying their semi synthetic bulk oil
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

I asked for Mobil 1 last service but my dealer told me it was too thin and they havenít used it for years in any HSV, so I just went with their standard ďHSV serviceĒ. I honestly donít know who to believe anymore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

There's a belief by some that going to full syn too soon can be detrimental for your engine to, but hey, who knows.

What plugs do you guys recommend?
    In reference to Kirks comment on the oil thickness, itís something I have always questioned. OZ is generally a very warm place, especially over here in the West. Iíll have to ask the dealer if warranty is affected by changing. I have been thinking of going Royal Purple. I used to run it in my LS1ís.
    As for the intervals, I changed mine at 800kís, 2000, 5300 and 10k. Just ticked over 14k.
    Current Ride: GenF GTS #2580 Heron White Manual 2015
    Previous Ride: E3 Senator SV #123 Sizzle Manual 2011
    Previous Ride: VYII R8 #354 Ultra Violet Manual 2004

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_sv6 View Post
    Pickles,

I don't know any dealer who puts in Mobil 1 unless you pay extra $$$ for it.

I supply my own Mobil 1 and I get $100 off the service for supplying my own oil. I stock up when it's cheap, so my current M1 stock cost me $10/litre, so I get fully synthetic in the car for $76, yet they credit me $100 for not supplying their semi synthetic bulk oil
    Thanks for that Voodoo, I didn't know.
    Haven't taken delivery yet, so I will ask upon pick up.
    Pickles.

Still comes back to if you’re beating on the car like some of us are then you have to change the oil more often.
    If you just commute in the car then you’ll be fine with the manufacturers recommendations, however it’s also not a bad idea to check your oil level during the 10,000-15,000km service intervals and top up the oil if it’s needed.

Most people don’t check their oil and top it up, this is a bad habit even if just daily driving.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @148.3mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IATís? weíve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

i always run my engine to operating temps and oil temps then shut off and check oil level and fill to suit, then u will notice when dead cold it sits about 5mm above the full mark, its good to account for oil sitting within the engine and also any oil coolers/lines ect

I honestly think people look into oil too much. Ive had engine issues but non that could be contributed to oil
    Just use whats recommended

Thread Information