HSV Forum

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last >>

Thread: Got a new toy

Got a new toy

Here it is 09 gts e2
    Has mrc shocks, 87000km manual 6.2l, had heads and cams and 3 inch exhaust
    Drives well

Recent new brakes, new bridgestone tires, new battery, new gear shifter(paint was worn), new footmats

Will be changing all the fluids next week and plugs/leads, clean air filter and wheel alignment

Sounds good and all panels are straight and paint work is nice

Nice pickup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Previous: VX Clubsport, VYII Avalanche Wagon, VE R8 Clubsport.
    Current: E3 GTS, Audi SQ5

Congratulations, always nice to have a "new one" in the garage!
    Pickles.

Nice looks good

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Thanks

I know the exhaust catback is 3 inch but can anyone tell me are these stock or aftermarket headers?? Might need to head down to aps frankston

Think i answered my own question
    I found some stock ones on ebay and they are identical

Will get aps to fit some better ones and upgraded cats
    I was wondering why it didnt sound like i thought it should

Pics taken of car were as is

Will claybar, polish and wax next week once the maintenance and exhaust is done

Very nice. And as we know, red comes with more powa from factory

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Here it is 09 gts e2
    Has mrc shocks, 87000km manual 6.2l, had heads and cams and 3 inch exhaust
    Drives well

Recent new brakes, new bridgestone tires, new battery, new gear shifter(paint was worn), new footmats

Will be changing all the fluids next week and plugs/leads, clean air filter and wheel alignment

Sounds good and all panels are straight and paint work is nice
    VE's are my choice too - with a GTS & factory running gear, you can't go wrong

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks

Does anyone else find that mrc shocks when on or off cant really feel any difference??
    My two m5s have 3 different modes and i cant feel the difference instantly between them!

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Thanks

Does anyone else find that mrc shocks when on or off cant really feel any difference??
    My two m5s have 3 different modes and i cant feel the difference instantly between them!
    driving you should feel the change in less than one second, that is go over a speed bump with you front wheels on Tour mode then hit the MRC button and the rear MRC will be much harder, the change in amount of current into the shocks is instant.
    One thing to check if they are not changing is the sensor bar, a thin bar connected to the side of the shock, that is what tells the computer the shock is moving and by how much.
    The zenon lights (?Grange) have a similar small bar, about 4mm by 120mm long on the diff to set the lights against the ride height.
    The MRC can leak, and then if cleaned it could be hard to see, I measured my ride height on all guards, but that's more your springs not the shocks. If your not happy with how they handle I would ask Holden to test the car on a ripple strip, I would not let a pedders type shop look at it you may start a never ending shock disaster. Don't even let them do a wheel alignment.
    Shocks and alignments seem to be one of the hardest things to get right, unless you find a well recommended operator.
    Your car looks mint, be very fussy on who you let touch it. sounds like you already know what your doing. cheers

Thread Information