HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

2011 WM Grange jigsaw puzzle help

Hey guys.
    So between the clowns who fitted my blower/cam with too much spring tension and GMís dodgy oil pump valve spring, my engine had to be rebuilt after the cam and lifters ground themselves together.
    Itís taken me near in a year and a half to sort the new engine (stroker, forged steel crank and rods, etc) and now Iím sticking it all back together.

But Iíve hit a snag in not being able to find where the alternator reg wires come from in the engine bay to connect with the alternator side plug. I thought they were part of the left bank harness, but they donít look to be. I Also have no idea how to read-attach the power steering reservoir.

So if any of you could stick your head under your bonnet and send me pics of these, itíd me hugely appreciated!

Oh, and VE is the same layout. So if you got one of them and a camera.... ��

the alternator wiring just continues on from the coolant temp sensor in the passenger head, from the loom that comes in from drivers side to rh bank then under TB to lh bank also has cam sensor loom, maf, coolant temp and alt same area

Thought exactly the same thing, but not a single plug on that part of the harness fits the dam thing. I’ll have another go at it next week, I must be doing something wrong.

Now for the power steer reservoir. Anyone able to tell me where it bolts too?

The bracket attaches just above the pump then the bottle clips in to it

Thanks!
    Attached to what though? The head? If it bolts to the plastic intake manifold, I’ll have to custom mount it. Supercharger has no provision for it.

yes bolts to the head

I m not sure I even still have the bracket. There’s one that looks like it might be, but it can’t bolt to the head.
    Ugh. Posting pictures. The bane of my forum existence....

[url="

Follow this link, you need to use a third party to host them (which is what I assume you're doing with the snippet of a link?)

http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthread.php?t=17270

Or use Tapatalk if on mobile

Thread Information