HSV Forum

Page 2 of 3 First << 123 Last >>

Thread: XU3 Yella W1

I want photos of the W1 Mallo.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    HSV have never painted vehicles, it was still supplied to them in yellow before they put the LS9 in, so it's highly possible the HSV plate still states XU3 Yella.

Isn't the owner the same that ordered the Panorama Silver W427? I doubt they're overly concerned with resale but it's still a one off vehicle.

The two black Toohey's VN Group A's still held their value just fine and they were painted after the fact
    My understanding is that a completed GTSR was resprayed. It was "resprayed" with the knowledge & agreeance of HSV, but is not a factory job.
    Wasn't the panorama silver car a "öne off", for Tom?
    Yes the VN Group As did hold their value, you are correct there, for a while they didn't, & I'm not sure of their value now, and I believe one of them has been modified, big engine etc, but in the passage of time, if either of these cars are in a condition close to the way they were delivered, I think their value would be Ok, certainly not above an original car, but not far away.
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    My understanding is that a completed GTSR was resprayed. It was "resprayed" with the knowledge & agreeance of HSV, but is not a factory job.
    Wasn't the panorama silver car a "öne off", for Tom?
    Yes the VN Group As did hold their value, you are correct there, for a while they didn't, & I'm not sure of their value now, and I believe one of them has been modified, big engine etc, but in the passage of time, if either of these cars are in a condition close to the way they were delivered, I think their value would be Ok, certainly not above an original car, but not far away.
    Pickles.
    Panorama silver was an option on any W427 but had to be resprayed and reassembled by HSV.
    Tooheys 1000 car was modified by an owner years ago, 2000 was left original
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082
    Toy 3 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 4 - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185

The car in question 100% has XU3 yellow on the HSV build plate. There is also a yellow W1 ute for the same customer.

My mail is there is 4 x W1 Utes.
    Last edited by HSV700; 22-01-2018 at 09:26 PM.
    Donald

Queensland by location
    (But Blue to the Bone)

Quote Originally Posted by HSV700 View Post
    The car in question 100% has XU3 yellow on the HSV build plate. There is also a yellow W1 ute for the same customer.

My mail is there is 4 x W1 Utes. 1 is yellow, 1 is a mat black for Ryan Walkinshaw, 1 x is for a GMH executive and they are going to Auction the last one.
    I'm not surprised it's on the build plate, just like the two Panorama Silver W427's (minus the show car). Both cars were resprayed by Walkinshaw performance, being originally silver in colour. It would make sense that the XU3 Yella GTSR W1's were also resprayed by Walkinshaw performance, although it could be another company.
    Last edited by Senator376; 14-01-2018 at 11:58 AM.

HSV have never painted vehicles, it was still supplied to them in yellow before they put the LS9 in, so it's highly possible the HSV plate still states XU3 Yella.

Isn't the owner the same that ordered the Panorama Silver W427? I doubt they're overly concerned with resale but it's still a one off vehicle.

The two black Toohey's VN Group A's still held their value just fine and they were painted after the fact
    The Panorama Silver W427 shown in this article is build number M001, HSV's show car which is a prototype. It was advertised by Dutton Garage in September 2016, if you can recall. This particular collector also purchased from Dutton the race prepared Monaro HSV GTS-R prototype, also seen in this article. Although he may also own one of the two Panorama Silver customer cars.
    Last edited by Senator376; 14-01-2018 at 11:58 AM.

The owner bought these 2 at the same time as ordering his W1 in XU3 Yella, I was lucky enough
    to get to detail these 2.

https://www.facebook.com/Maccas.O.C....type=3&theater

Thanks for sharing, your obviously doing a great job to get such clients.

Just needs the 20" tri spoke replicas and big rear wing
    naaah... 22s at least
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Cheers buddy, yeah was pretty lucky to say the least to get to work on this rare beasts!

Thread Information