HSV Forum

Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last >>

Thread: Camaro 2ss

Camaro 2ss

Whether we like it or not the GM performance world is moving and it's only a matter of months before clowns like myself will be considering the possibility of purchasing a Camaro

I've been looking at the possibility of owning and modding the LT1 Camaro and it looks like a bit of fun .... but here's the key!!! ... from what I can gather the 2SS does have the 1LE option which comes with a fair bit of good stuff inc 6 piston brakes , Recaro's etc etc and maybe someone can put a ILE link in this thread ...

Then from there, a number of Tuning and Supercharger options already available that seem to take the LT1 way past the output of the LT4 .. !!

Should Holden/HSV bring in the 2SS with the option 1LE option pack? .... I have no doubt the lighter (than GTSR) Camaro could be a pretty good and fun piece of equipment

The 1LE pack is only something like $6500, it's a no brainer to me for HSV to offer it, just not sure how difficult it would be for them if they need to order the car with it fitted. Lead times would be quite long I'd imagine. It would be a better option for them to fit the kit themselves but not sure it's do-able.

Should be a good range of aftermarket gear for them once they gain popularity, even if most of it comes from Walky to begin with (I'd guess they'll have a bit of a jump on the competition, getting access to vehicles before they hit the market).

Read about the new Mustang with 10 speed auto, it sounds like a huge leap forward for them, the Camaro will have its work cut out for it when they get here.

I was at Sema last November & I picked up some brochures from the GM display.
    The options that are available from factory on the Camaro are just mind blowing..

The standard brochure is 52 pages covering everything & anything
    you could possibly want on your Camaro.

You can order an "SS Extreme" pack that the brochure says in big white writing:-

"600 plus hp, 1.433 60 ft time, 10.569 @127.8 mph 1/4 mile"

And that's not supercharged - that n/a...

The ZL1 can be optioned with the 1LE Extreme Track Package
    which makes it an absolute track monster.

I'm sure what we're getting is the "SS1LE" package in auto only.
    Google GM USA & go on their web site & build a Camaro - you will be amazed......
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    I'm sure what we're getting is the "SS1LE" package in auto only.
    Google GM USA & go on their web site & build a Camaro - you will be amazed......
    Nope, base SS model. No body kit or mention of Recaros, 6 piston brakes, MRC etc.

I have no idea what we're getting, but if HSV have the option of getting some "good gear" stuff on their import package, I hope they do it. Their product is substantially dearer than Mustang, so they need to ensure that it's substantially better.
    Pickles.

From HSV DP direct. Only 2 options available from memory and that's an aero package and something else but it was something small, nothing like the 1LE but I will seek clarification
    2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    I have no idea what we're getting, but if HSV have the option of getting some "good gear" stuff on their import package, I hope they do it. Their product is substantially dearer than Mustang, so they need to ensure that it's substantially better.
    Pickles.
    Pickles, they already believe (or more likely want potential customers to believe) that the 2SS is a highly spec'd vehicle when compared to the Mustang GT.

If they brought in the 1LE, there'd be less cream in it for them over the standard 2SS, and having it as an option will make it a $100K+ proposition, all for a car that will be slower than an MY14 GTS.
    They'd be better off, just offering the 2SS, then bringing in the ZL1 to sell along side the 2SS in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Clubby View Post
    Pickles, they already believe (or more likely want potential customers to believe) that the 2SS is a highly spec'd vehicle when compared to the Mustang GT.

If they brought in the 1LE, there'd be less cream in it for them over the standard 2SS, and having it as an option will make it a $100K+ proposition, all for a car that will be slower than an MY14 GTS.
    They'd be better off, just offering the 2SS, then bringing in the ZL1 to sell along side the 2SS in 2019.
    Thanks for that. Yes, it will be interesting to see in what form it comes, and also how it sells, it's gonna be at least $30K dearer than Mustang IMHO......so I suppose it will be not too far away from the price of a GTS?
    Pickles.

I get your assessment Y2Clubby but .... let's look at the picture a little clearer ... I think the 2SS will be $85k .... add the 1LE option pack will make it more of a "Special Vehicle" that will pretty match perform as good as the LSA GTS on the road ... for $10k (it's only USD $6950) .... and if the get the ZL1 into the Australian range that would be another $20k plus ... there is enough to get me into a 2SS with 1LE short term ... I feel that Holden would be missing an opportunity by not bringing in the 1LE option ex factory to fulfil the niche that the HSV has now lost ...

All valid points Sniper, but I believe the 2SS will be special enough, even without the bigger brakes, suspension, Recaro's, and those tough looking 19" wheels.
    Just by having the Camaro sold exclusively through HSV's dealer network is enough to satisfy the niche tag. It'd be hard to argue that the 2SS isn't a Special Vehicle, especially here in Oz.

As we've seen with the GTS, customers are prepared to pay for a top spec'd model with a lot of power, so $30k over and above a 2SS for a ZL1 wouldn't be much of a problem. I'd say a ZL1 for GTSR money would sell pretty well.

By not bringing in the 1SS as their base model and opting to go with the 2SS instead, I reckon it leaves room for HSV to eventually offer higher spec models like the ZL1 in 2019 as their halo model, followed by optional trim packages like the 1LE optioned 2SS and ZL1. I just think that by not complicating things with alternate trim packages upon launch, the whole process becomes easier and more streamlined for HSV and their dealer network. Once they're up and running, no worries, go nuts.

Hopefully by 2021 we'll be getting a 7th Gen factory RHD Camaro, starting at a price which is comparative to Ford's Mustang.

P.S, good to see you around here again Sniper.

Thread Information