HSV Forum

Page 11 of 11 First << ... 91011

Thread: Camaro 2ss

Quote Originally Posted by Nth57l View Post
    A mate was telling me he goes to the USA a lot and often rents Dodge Challengers and he mentioned they had issues like described above (his last one was basically brand new and yet he said had atrocious panel gaps) so I wouldn't think the Camaro would be any different either. Just American cars I guess. Real hit and miss from what I can tell.
    Dodge cannot be compared to a Chevrolet car some people over here confuse them for some reason but they are 2 totally different manufacturers and are in no way associated, so to rent a ford and a dodge and say Chevy is the same isn’t true

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Dodge cannot be compared to a Chevrolet car some people over here confuse them for some reason but they are 2 totally different manufacturers and are in no way associated, so to rent a ford and a dodge and say Chevy is the same isn’t true
    Pretty sure he meant the same as in same manufacturing culture rather than saying they are the same make. Anyway Dodge dont sell cars for roads that have corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    Pretty sure he meant the same as in same manufacturing culture rather than saying they are the same make. Anyway Dodge dont sell cars for roads that have corners.
    They did until they stopped making the Viper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a mustang at the track and asked to see under the hood.
    This was an Australian bought one 2017 model and the hood release was on the passenger side

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

A lot of vehicles have had them on the passenger side. I know a lot of VW, Renault, Mini's etc were like that. It's not a big deal for most, they probably wouldn't ever use it. It's more difficult to get used to the wipers and indicators being opposites

Cook & I go to the States every year, and every trip I go to anything & everything car related.
    Since the Camaro 5 has been released, the Camaro is light years ahead of the competition
    in regards to build quality. I reckon because of Australian design.
    The Dodge Challenger is nearly as bad as an 70's Valiant Charger..........
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    They did until they stopped making the Viper

Lol,...mate, I LOVED the Viper,..... 8L of "American Muscle", MASSIVE grunt, but cornering was not one of it's best attributes.
    Would I own one, if I could?....absolutely!
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Lol,...mate, I LOVED the Viper,..... 8L of "American Muscle", MASSIVE grunt, but cornering was not one of it's best attributes.
    Would I own one, if I could?....absolutely!
    Pickles.

6th at the ring for a factory car doesn’t seem to bad for a car that cannot corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    Pretty sure he meant the same as in same manufacturing culture rather than saying they are the same make.
    Yes, thanks, I thought that would have been obvious, particularly with the last line but I guess not. Suppose we will find out first hand soon when the Camaro comes down under. Although probably not comparable numbers to know for sure.
    Last edited by Nth57l; 4 Days Ago at 09:45 PM.

Thread Information