HSV Forum

Page 10 of 11 First << ... 891011 Last >>

Thread: Camaro 2ss

If I lived US I would buy the camaro 100% over the mustang due to there comparable pricing, unfortunately these days I look for value for money over "I just want one". There is noway in hell I'm paying the extra $$ for the camaro because I'm footing the bill for RHD conversion though HSV. Ford planned ahead with the mustang & it paid off for them, GM were all out at a slumber party & now want the Australian buyer to foot the bill because they missed the boat.

GM take the hit & price the camaro with HSV RHD conversion comparable with the mustang & I'll put a deposit down today.

What's the RHD sales on the Mustang? I think they were doing around 1000 a month? From what I remember, HSV are only planning that many Camaro's in a year

I really don't think GM are overly concerned with RHD Camaro's in the global scheme of things but 1000 out of HSV's doors is obviously viable for them and I don't think they'll have any issue selling them

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    What's the RHD sales on the Mustang? I think they were doing around 1000 a month? From what I remember, HSV are only planning that many Camaro's in a year

I really don't think GM are overly concerned with RHD Camaro's in the global scheme of things but 1000 out of HSV's doors is obviously viable for them and I don't think they'll have any issue selling them
    I would say you are correct, but once the buzz dies down & those who just have to own one have one in there possession I think you will find the rest of buyers in that market will look at the price difference especially with the new release mustang. The problem I see is the price difference, yes the mustang was more when they did conversion but they sold because there was no other choice. There is now choice cheaper mustang or much more expensive camaro & if you really think about it the camaro isn't a 10K+ better car.

Quote Originally Posted by FLI355 View Post
    How do you figure the camaro is a much better car than the updated mustang coming: in my opinion the mustang is a much better car and is cheaper.
    Track results. The new mustang may improve but currently the camaro is a better drivers car.

Quote Originally Posted by FLI355 View Post
    How do you figure the camaro is a much better car than the updated mustang coming: in my opinion the mustang is a much better car and is cheaper.
    I like the Mustang, particularly the upgraded edition with more grunt & the 10 speed auto, it will be a great car, and as the Bullitt car will be coming to Aus with even better specs, I would be seriously tempted.....the Bullitt car will be a sensation, Ford Aus will not be able to get enough of them.
    Sure, the Mustang is cheaper, and no doubt it's a ripper car, BUT from what I've read, build quality & particularly the interior is average, and this where the Camaro will be a "better" car.
    At the end of the day though, it's down to personal choice,....we'll see what the opinions are when the Aussie motoring "Gurus" start writing their comparison road tests?
    I reckon HSV will do a ripper job on the conversion.
    Pickles.

I am
    A panelbeater and where I work in Sydney we are having ford deliver brand new unregistered Mustangs where we have to realign panel gaps and re paint whole cars because people that buy them are unhappy with the paint work from the factory , it is absolutely terrible build quality and paint finish , also the quality of the panels with ripples here and there is really noticeable I would NEVER buy a mustang the quality is the worsted I have ever seen from a production car .....

A friend bought a mustang and the panel gaps are disgusting

Worst ive seen

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox666 View Post
    I am
    A panelbeater and where I work in Sydney we are having ford deliver brand new unregistered Mustangs where we have to realign panel gaps and re paint whole cars because people that buy them are unhappy with the paint work from the factory , it is absolutely terrible build quality and paint finish , also the quality of the panels with ripples here and there is really noticeable I would NEVER buy a mustang the quality is the worsted I have ever seen from a production car .....
    That is good info.
    Thanks for posting, Pickles.

Is the Camaro any better? Is it Ford churning Mustangs out as fast as they can, a result of the price point and quality control that is allowed or a generic manufacturing regime in the US?

A mate was telling me he goes to the USA a lot and often rents Dodge Challengers and he mentioned they had issues like described above (his last one was basically brand new and yet he said had atrocious panel gaps) so I wouldn't think the Camaro would be any different either. Just American cars I guess. Real hit and miss from what I can tell.

Thread Information