HSV Forum

Page 2 of 3 First << 123 Last >>
    Unfortunately from all my research, shedding weight will slowly butcher your daily. Most of the weight that is removable are comfort items.
    I think TPKW30 has hit the nail on the head with the basics, everything else (inc. some of the things he listed) makes it more of a weekend warrior than a daily.

I know there's a lot of weight in all the sound deadening material, but again, at what cost...

Quote Originally Posted by skaifeman View Post
    Unfortunately from all my research, shedding weight will slowly butcher your daily. Most of the weight that is removable are comfort items.
    I think TPKW30 has hit the nail on the head with the basics, everything else (inc. some of the things he listed) makes it more of a weekend warrior than a daily.

I know there's a lot of weight in all the sound deadening material, but again, at what cost...
    I should have mentioned my car is track only - cops would lock me up
    if I drove it on the road
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE

My Ve modified production speedway car weighed 1360kg with me in it.
    Bought motor sport pack from Holden (bare shell) , caged, fibreglass boot ,bonnet, door skins, front quarters, alloy dash , alloy drivers seat, all arms aero ally. Basically bare bones with running gear.heavy car compared to the vs I ran in same class , 960kg with me in it.
    It all counts, 100kg will shave a few tebths down the quarter. If caged the fibreglass door skin saves a lot, losing oem dash does also. Trade off is u won't be on street
    Last edited by mickyinc; 18-01-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Get yourself a VZ, 1650KG - standard they will do a 13.5 q few mods 12.5. (500hp) at crank.

Cheers

The drag guy's reckon 50 kg's is one tenth over the 1/4....
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    The drag guy's reckon 50 kg's is one tenth over the 1/4....
    It depends on what ET you are already running

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Quote Originally Posted by GTS2017 View Post
    Get yourself a VZ, 1650KG - standard they will do a 13.5 q few mods 12.5. (500hp) at crank.

Cheers
    As much as I like the VY/VZ, you're not selling it that well. Can definitely manage better than that with the right mods but to put it in to context, SQP over here managed a 13.3 out of a dead stock SSVR ute and a 12.3 with only an OTR and tune. Has gone on to run 11.4's without opening the engine. Full curb weight at 1760kg plus a driver on the heavier side. LS3 has a lot more potential than the VZ motors...

You can race with a 6.0 L that's why they a popular.

GTS2017 - Im more interested in track work mate, not so much drags... The VF's are biiggggg step over the vz in the chassis, suspension, brakes, engine and drive train. Any weight gain will be lost there.
    Last edited by ASD14; 09-08-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Thought a revival of the topic might be a good idea with my constant pondering.
    Has anyone ever had corner weights on their car...?

Recently put a catch can on mine, fabricated our own bracket so it can bolt onto the firewall, being as far back as it can and as low as it can - trying to find centre of gravity.
    Probably a bit far and beyond for as minimal weight as a catch can, but I have time and enjoy the process. The thing looks as from factory and it's a damn clean and almost unseeable addition. Just how I like it.

Point is... has anyone corner weighted their car, so for future mods we can place certain heavier bits in certain areas to suit, just like adding weight bias in an F1 car... you choose where suits best.

Thread Information