HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    How about actual track driving (not qtr mile), how does it fair?

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    How about actual track driving (not qtr mile), how does it fair?
    Superchargers are not designed for circuit racing.
    Over driving the charger to make HP for what a supercharger is intended to do will work great on the street and drag strip, power cruise etc.

As soon as you circuit race you will have mega high intake temps, power will be pulled out via the intake air temp corrections.

The car takes a hell of a lot more punishment circuit racing than drag racing so it will require a proper oil cooling system, sump baffles and the tune would need to take into consideration how hot the combustion temps are after several minutes of circuit racing.

Thatís why you wonít find superchargers in any professional race teams, itís either NA or sometimes turbo

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Packages are all track proven combos, when you know what you are doing you can make the power which is why we hold record(s). This is the entire point of these combos track proven to run the ET and MPH that you would expect it to run. No bull dyno numbers that can never back it up at the track, get your car back and go race as thatís where the power counts and the track doesnít lie like the dyno sheet lies.

A lot of R&D has gone into our custom camshafts which is why we are able to run the numbers even on unported stock cylinder heads.

Our packages run the above numbers and also make the claimed HP.
    Roughly how big is the cam? I don't want something rattling my teeth out just to run a time once or twice. My car spends more time on the street so that's more important to me.

What I was alluding to was what happens if it doesn't run the promised time? Are your packages conservative enough that average Joe will run the time over and over again? What happens or what guarantee is there if the car doesn't run the time?

Quote Originally Posted by 1QIKLSA View Post
    Roughly how big is the cam? I don't want something rattling my teeth out just to run a time once or twice. My car spends more time on the street so that's more important to me.

What I was alluding to was what happens if it doesn't run the promised time? Are your packages conservative enough that average Joe will run the time over and over again? What happens or what guarantee is there if the car doesn't run the time?
    The cam is not going to rattle the car around, it has a decent cam sound, it isn't overly lumpy.
    It would be considered a nice cam that's not too extreme.

No track times are promised/guaranteed....no 2 cars, engines, drivers, tracks, weather conditions are the same.

However the track times are proven in an auto VF GTS with 18x10 koya wheels with a 305 mickey thompson tires, so you should run very close to the given times, possibly better. Obviously dependent on conditions etc.
    If the pass is a good clean pass and conditions are good it should run the same or very similar times.

The car, tune and combo are on the money and are capable of running those times, it would obviously require the track to have decent conditions for the car to hook up correctly, along with weather, tires and driver.

As an extreme example, the Dodge Demon has ran a 9.65 @ 140mph they did that at -1800ft DA at 5c ambient with a 65kg female driver and likely 10L of fuel. The best I've seen someone else run so far has been 10.3.

The times we have ran with the packages have been in decent conditions eg 15-25c ambient.
    They have not been in 5-10c as it has never gotten that cold in Sydney where we have raced them.
    Stage 2 we've seen it run 10.8's all day long, 10.7's on decent passes and in really good conditions it went a 10.68 so we've called it a 10.7

If you went out and didn't run a 10sec pass with a stage 2 package it would be disappointing so yes stage 2 should run high 10's.

We can control intake air temps to remove some variables and make more HP, but we cannot create more oxygen in the air, something winter provides very well, we cannot create more air pressure (DA - delta altitude)

I remember a customer of mine was running 10.43 in late May then 2 weeks later, track and weather conditions were better he went 10.22 and 2mph faster no changes were made at all to the car. That's purely weather.

Don't take any of this as "ohh now he's making up excuses" because it's not the case, you should run those numbers or very near to them. We've run them so you should be able to do it as well. You just have to keep in mind there are variables that do play a role in racing everyone knows that.

If we've run a certain time with a particular package then it's proven.
    If a customer goes and backs it up then it's proven again.

I do want you to race it and back up the times we have run.
    Last edited by GenF-GTS; 21-01-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Perhaps you should reword your marketing then? The way it is now, it sounds like Stage 3 will make 650kw at the engine and run a flat 10....no offence intended, that's just how it reads.

I'm interested in this package the most as it seems to make more power than other comparable packages from the big guys. How many cars have had this package done, what power did they make and what did they trap on their 10.00 passes?
    Is it worth adding heads to this package, what increase would you say is possible if I did?

Oh, I just saw the fine print in the original post. My apologies

Quote Originally Posted by 1QIKLSA View Post
    Perhaps you should reword your marketing then? The way it is now, it sounds like Stage 3 will make 650kw at the engine and run a flat 10....no offence intended, that's just how it reads.

I'm interested in this package the most as it seems to make more power than other comparable packages from the big guys. How many cars have had this package done, what power did they make and what did they trap on their 10.00 passes?
    Is it worth adding heads to this package, what increase would you say is possible if I did?
    I know what you are saying in terms of track times, but most people want to know what exact times you've run.
    Maybe we should re-word them to be "low 10's proven to run 10.0 stage 3".

We have been running these packages for a long time but as you know have only made it public Jan 2018
    We've done 3 cars with the stage 3 package, we raced 1 of them. We ran 10.02 at 138mph

I really disagree with posting dyno numbers because comparing dyno numbers from one shop to another is pointless, I recently saw a car make 890rwhp and only run 140mph....I dont even make 890hp and I've ran 148mph.
    On our Dyno the stage 3 makes over 700rwhp

Porting the heads is only worth around 30hp, yes it's 30hp you didn't have before but it's a lot of dollars for the gain, at the pointy end finding 5hp can cost a lot, running low 10's on this platform is very decent.

If you would like the heads ported it can be arranged.

Thread Information