HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dgp View Post
    If you ever need a paint or panel repair, the silicone will make it very difficult for the panel shop, there is a reason is is banned from panel shops.
    I think this solution from Holden is a disgrace.
    this was a BIG BIG FIX by Holden when VT came out and everyone complained about the squeaky door seals/rubbers

.. it was THE standard dealer fix to this problem
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Keep a eye on your door glass rubber sometimes they mite take a couple of weeks to settle in(they normally come from Holden folded up in a box so can be a bit out of shape)as for the mark on the other piece of trim tell them you want it replaced under warranty,it's called a drip rail mould the clips behind them normally break when you take the off maybe check its on properly too.

I know when my old mans 2007 v series goes in for a service at the dealership they use graphite powder in the door glasses,works well and stops the squeaking.Ive used it at work a few times it's good stuff.

I took it back to Holden and they said "did you recently get the car tinted? maybe it was them..."

ahahahha... what a joke, anyways the entire front drivers window seal is hanging off, they agree'd to fix it and ordered the spare parts. i wont rest until it is as new.

2017 HSV Maloo R8 LSA - Heron White - #142

Quote Originally Posted by gmak View Post
    I took it back to Holden and they said "did you recently get the car tinted? maybe it was them..."

ahahahha... what a joke, anyways the entire front drivers window seal is hanging off, they agree'd to fix it and ordered the spare parts. i wont rest until it is as new.
    I had the same issue with the same fix from HSV. It is a known problem but kept under wraps unless you press them.
    GTSR Maloo MotorTorque'd and Chilled

Quote Originally Posted by markost View Post
    I had the same issue with the same fix from HSV. It is a known problem but kept under wraps unless you press them.
    Sorry, not entrirely true. Mine was the front windscreen where it meets the drivers door....
    GTSR Maloo MotorTorque'd and Chilled

Well i dropped it off this morning, and holden sent them the wrong part, so they kept it a day longer which is fine.

But the back windscreen is squeeking too. is that normal? Just i got the car end of august and i'm so used to driving it with the windows down and hearing the v8 i never paid attention to it. Either way hope they fix it this time!

I have found that I get a squeak/rubbing noise coming from the bottom left of the windscreen (there abouts) passenger side when the car is cold and the heater is on, when the interior comes up to temperature the squeak goes away. Have had in to the dealers many times cannot fix it. Anyone had a similar experience?
    VS, VTII, VX, VY, VER8 & VFR8 Clubsports

Well they fixed my front windscreen, but i am 100% the back windscreen also squeeks. When i told them about it they said its not on the actual list of holden problems, and when they did a test drive there was no squeeking. Which is true given their dealer is on princess hwy with nice flat roads, any tram track or bumpy road it squeeks.

Next service i'll raise it again, i'm thinking maybe its the hardcover on the back?

Hi. Had the same annoying squeak from my 2016 HSV R8 Black.
    It drove me crazy. Pulled everything apart and it still was there.
    Dealer said that it was a common fault. Windscreen Replaced.
    No more squeaks

Thread Information