HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Squeaking front windscreen?

Hi guys,

I've noticed in my 2017 Maloo LSA the front screen squeakes while i drive, when the road is straight its nothing, but if the road is bumpy or tram tracks its this constant squeak that drives me insane. Before this i had a SSV redline and never had an issue. I emptied the car out as i thought maybe i had something in it, but honestly its a weekend car, i dont have anything in it!
    This problem was from new, car only has 2100kms on it

Anyone else have this problem before i take it into the dealer?

2017 HSV Maloo R8 LSA - Heron White - #142

Quote Originally Posted by gmak View Post
    Hi guys,

I've noticed in my 2017 Maloo LSA the front screen squeakes while i drive, when the road is straight its nothing, but if the road is bumpy or tram tracks its this constant squeak that drives me insane. Before this i had a SSV redline and never had an issue. I emptied the car out as i thought maybe i had something in it, but honestly its a weekend car, i dont have anything in it!
    This problem was from new, car only has 2100kms on it

Anyone else have this problem before i take it into the dealer?
    It is a 'known' Holden problem. Can sometimes be fixed with application of silicon spray along the top seal of the windscreen.

More permanent repair is to remove, and reseal the windscreen. There was a problem on the line where a batch of cars received an inadequate amount of sealant.

Thanks for that information, i'll book it in for them to fix it up.... or should i wait for when they have a demo camaro to lend me??? :P

Save yourself the potential time waste and try the silicon spray between the top rubber seal and the body work. Worked ok on mine and that was about 10,000kms ago.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

If you ever need a paint or panel repair, the silicone will make it very difficult for the panel shop, there is a reason is is banned from panel shops.
    I think this solution from Holden is a disgrace.

Do you think that's the only time silicon spray is ever used in the automotive industry?

If I'm needing paint work done on my roof, I think I have bigger issues than silicone spray.

BUT I do understand what you're saying, I'd rather have silicone spray on my paint, rather than popping the windscreen for a much less invasive fix
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Quote Originally Posted by dgp View Post
    If you ever need a paint or panel repair, the silicone will make it very difficult for the panel shop, there is a reason is is banned from panel shops.
    I think this solution from Holden is a disgrace.
    lol, they used silicone spray from 88-06 to lube the electric windows tracks. It used heaps in the service centre/
    Last edited by Audi; 06-01-2018 at 11:47 PM.
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4

#21 2001 VX R8 series II (HSV Racing Green)
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport (Phanton Black)
    #771 2010 E2 GTS (wildfire)

I work in a panel shop,no one uses silicone based products as can affect the paint work.Im guessing what you guys are talking about is there's not enough urethane around the window when it went in at Holden?If you decide to get your roof painted get them to take your screen out and fix the issue,it's not a big job and if done properly you won't have a problem.We do all our own windows were I work,sometimes you get a few small scratches around the windscreen area from taking it out just make sure the paint any marks/scratches so there's no future issues.

So... i have an update,

dropped the car off friday morning and picked it up monday. Front windscreen squeeking gone, but the back windscreen is still squeeking...

also they said the front driver window seal was replaced as well??? i dont know why, anyways me the idiot didn't go over it until i got home and noticed a bad cut in the driver window seal, and the new seal looks terrible, like its been left in the sun for 10 years...

Thread Information