HSV Forum

Page 2 of 9 First << 1234 ... Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully View Post
    Comments

$350,000 NOT NEGOTIABLE.... DONT EVEN ASK FOR $1 OFF IS THIS THE LAST DEALER NEW HSV W1 EVER ..................................YES ........................................... THIS IS YOUR FINAL OPPORTUNITY TO OWN THE LAST PIECE OF AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY. STILL BRAND NEW WRAPPED IN PLASTIC AS DILEVERED FROM HSV, BE THE FIRST REGISTERED OWNER OF THE MOST ICONIC HSV EVER BUILT. DONT DIE W1ondering THINK ABOUT IT, A FALCON GT PHASE 3 SOLD IN 1971 NEW WAS $5300 AND RESEL TODAY FOR UPWARDS OF $500,000 THAT IS A WHOPPING 9433% INCREASE ON YOUR INVESTMENT. FORD MADE 1557 UNITS. THEY ONLY MADE 275 HSV W1S IN AUSTRALIA IMAGINE WHAT YOUR RETURN COULD BE. ENQUIRE NOW
    Err HOW many Phase 3's did they make? Not quite on the mark ..... of course that may be how many 'genuine one owner driven to church on Sunday Phase 3's' may exist today j/k

One word for these dealers. Scum.

Won't take a dollar less..offt...if I walked in with $349k the dealer principal would probably give me a blowjob as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    Got me again. Fact that is NOT a good investment to give your grandson lol. It would still buy u half a house.
    I think that car is now 300k plus on roads. A better option for investment would he to buy that 50 year old car now worth 350-500k. Buy to enjoy not make money. ............
    yeah .. especially given one sold at auction Monday night for $249K (or was it $259k?)

which to me is real selling price .. not what greed bag dealers want
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Quote Originally Posted by ausmac91 View Post
    Err HOW many Phase 3's did they make? Not quite on the mark ..... of course that may be how many 'genuine one owner driven to church on Sunday Phase 3's' may exist today j/k
    i think their were 300 phase 3 made, but don't forget they had a racing pedigree which boosted their popularity, also the big hooha about 140mph supercars killing everyone that drove them down George St.

I'm no "Dealer Defender", I've experienced good ones & bad ones.
    I do try to establish a good relationship with any Dealer with whom I deal, as a matter of respect, and I expect the same in return. "Do as you would be done by" is my motto,...works for me.
    As far as Dealers selling the W1,...there ain't no "gouging" at all,....NONE. If I owned one, & I wanted to sell it, I'd be getting the absolute maximum dollar for it that I could. If any of you have sold a car,....don't you try for the maximum dollar?....I know I do.
    I don't care if I was a Dealer or not, if I owned a W1 now, and I was going to sell it,my figure would be $350K, and if I couldn't get it, I wouldn't be selling, because it'll be worth heaps more than that in the future,.....if it does not rapidly multiply in value, it'll be the first limmited edition HSV not to do so.
    So, my advice would be, go for it & ask TOP dollar,....that's what I would be doing!
    Pickles.

Still interesting times ahead TT6 and RWD V8 in 2018 i cant wait to see the Corvette and hope their is 20k more car with good value for money compared to the Ford. The mustangs are becoming more popular than taxis at my work, they look and sound good but you get what you pay for, they are starting to fill the used car yards in town.
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 21-12-2017 at 09:47 AM.

The moral point that is being missed here with the opinion dealers can ask what they want is it sets a president for dealers with any limited addition car to buy them all up, sit on them then sell for max profit. The dealers are the direct link middle man for the buying public to the factory we can't buy cars unless through the network. So for a dealer to sell a new car obtained straight from the factory for a massive profit above recommended retail is as bad as insider trading.

Quote Originally Posted by zRoYz View Post
    The moral point that is being missed here with the opinion dealers can ask what they want is it sets a president for dealers with any limited addition car to buy them all up, sit on them then sell for max profit. The dealers are the direct link middle man for the buying public to the factory we can't buy cars unless through the network. So for a dealer to sell a new car obtained straight from the factory for a massive profit above recommended retail is as bad as insider trading.
    100% the equivalent would be my local Subway or Red Rooster charging more because the owner feels he can.
    HSV sell the HSV's to the HSV dealerships who then sell the cars.

Understandably in the car industry the dealerships try to make a little extra on certain charges etc we all know this and sometimes if can add 5-10k to the price tag compared to the dealership not willing to do that, but adding 150k to the price tag is just not cricket.

If said dealership wants to do this the owner of the dealership should have the car locked in his personal at home garage or storage center and be advertising it privately.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Really guys , does one dealer advertising a W1 for a figure they won't achieve warrant all the pissing and moaning. There are numerous W1's available for around the $250K mark , If you want one go and grab one

Is their a dealer W1 for sale in metro Melbourne? Cheers

Thread Information