HSV Forum

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last >>

Dealers selling w1 for $300k+

this is really giving me the shits.
    dealers are listing w1 for 300-320k. how are HSV turning a blind eye to this crap.
    back in early 2016 i had a verbal agreement with the principal/manager at a certain franchise ( bought 3 new gts from)
    and basically what happened was the f#@%@#g c@$@!&*t was coerced (by someone i actually
    know quite well) into pinching my car for rrp (191K).
    now I'm seeing actual dealers listing them for ridiculous asking prices. only 1 I've seen actually sell
    was a light my fire car listed at 225 that sold for 210. i really want one but i refuse to pay more than
    the cost of the original drive away price. + maybe 10K. i hope sniper is right and january to april sees
    a few needing to be moved on and i can pick one up. sorry for the rant.
    1988 VL SS GROUP A WALKINSHAW
    1985 VK SS GROUP A
    1983 VH SS GROUP III

Hi mate

Hope you're enjoying all the bikini clad ladies we have to look at in our neck of the woods

Are the dealers selling these "as new" or are they actually second hand?

Reason I ask is I had a dealership recently try and sell me one for $250k and I said to them about the RRP and they said because it has been pre-registered they can sell it as second hand and therefore above the RRP.

Very very low act by the dealership to ditch you "gazumping" over someone else.
    2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

WWE Wrestler John Cena is currently being sued by Ford for buying a car and selling it 1-2 weeks later as he signed a contract to be unable to sell it for 12 months.

The same should have been applied to the W1's.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

I was talking to an HSV dealer today & I was quizzing
    him as to why there are 500 odd GTSR's still for sale???
    And why dealers have W1's for sale at these ridiculous prices???

GTRS's are all allocated to dealers & even though they remain unsold, dealers
    are hanging onto them & marking them up - same with W1's.

I questioned the economics of dealers paying monthly interest on their floor plans
    to hang onto such a large inventory but apparently the gain out weighs the extra costs....

I suppose at the end of the day, if someone pays $300k for an W1 & thinks they got a good deal,
    who are we to question the seller???

When we all bought our first house & then sold it for $100's of thousands above what we paid,
    does that make us *******s???

Supply & demand????

One thing for sure though, if I had a spare mill laying around, I wouldn't be buying
    2 or 3 W1's.
    Bitcoin is where its at
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    Bitcoin is where its at
    so wish i got some when they were under 100 bucks and u could mine them...

W1 Listed as last new W1 Avaliable at a dealership for $350,000 drive away in WA

Comments as listed on car sales

IS THIS THE LAST DEALER NEW HSV W1 IN EVER?? ..................................YES ........................................... THIS IS YOUR FINAL OPPORTUNITY TO OWN THE LAST PEICE OF AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY. STILL BRAND NEW WRAPPED IN PLASTIC AS DILEVERED FROM HSV, BE THE FIRST REGISTERED OWNER OF THE MOST ICONIC HSV EVER BUILT. DONT DIE W1 DEWRIN ENQUIRE NOW
    Last edited by Mully; 14-12-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    I was talking to an HSV dealer today & I was quizzing
    him as to why there are 500 odd GTSR's still for sale???
    And why dealers have W1's for sale at these ridiculous prices???

GTRS's are all allocated to dealers & even though they remain unsold, dealers
    are hanging onto them & marking them up - same with W1's.

I questioned the economics of dealers paying monthly interest on their floor plans
    to hang onto such a large inventory but apparently the gain out weighs the extra costs....

I suppose at the end of the day, if someone pays $300k for an W1 & thinks they got a good deal,
    who are we to question the seller???

When we all bought our first house & then sold it for $100's of thousands above what we paid,
    does that make us *******s???

Supply & demand????

One thing for sure though, if I had a spare mill laying around, I wouldn't be buying
    2 or 3 W1's.
    Bitcoin is where its at
    That is correct TPK.
    Nothing to do with HSV itself, or their Dealers. RRP is exactly what it says,.."Recommended" Retail Price. In fact, as I've said before, I've spoken to HSV, & they have no concerns at all, once the car leaves them, the dealer can sell the car for whatever price he likes.
    No-one is forcing anyone to do anything here, if ya don't wanna pay the price, ya don't buy it, simple as that.
    If I was a Dealer, on the rare occasion I might have a car that gave me "the upper hand", I tell you what, I'd be going for every last dollar.
    The House example you give is a very good one.
    And another point I would make. Obviously the W1 was not cheap, but crikey, going on how muscle car pricing has gone for many years, if the going price now is $300K (there are some cheaper), what will it be worth in the future?..Imagine what an undriven Phase 111 would be worth relative to its new price of $5300?
    If I had a spare $300K now, would I pay the price & buy one?.....Absolutely.
    Pickles.

Comments

$350,000 NOT NEGOTIABLE.... DONT EVEN ASK FOR $1 OFF IS THIS THE LAST DEALER NEW HSV W1 EVER ..................................YES ........................................... THIS IS YOUR FINAL OPPORTUNITY TO OWN THE LAST PIECE OF AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY. STILL BRAND NEW WRAPPED IN PLASTIC AS DILEVERED FROM HSV, BE THE FIRST REGISTERED OWNER OF THE MOST ICONIC HSV EVER BUILT. DONT DIE W1ondering THINK ABOUT IT, A FALCON GT PHASE 3 SOLD IN 1971 NEW WAS $5300 AND RESEL TODAY FOR UPWARDS OF $500,000 THAT IS A WHOPPING 9433% INCREASE ON YOUR INVESTMENT. FORD MADE 1557 UNITS. THEY ONLY MADE 275 HSV W1S IN AUSTRALIA IMAGINE WHAT YOUR RETURN COULD BE. ENQUIRE NOW

Got me again. Fact that is NOT a good investment to give your grandson lol. It would still buy u half a house.
    I think that car is now 300k plus on roads. A better option for investment would he to buy that 50 year old car now worth 350-500k. Buy to enjoy not make money. PS Zupps still has that red GTSR asking 122 auto D/A. Thats asking price at Mt Gravatt Bris. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    Got me again. Fact that is NOT a good investment to give your grandson lol. It would still buy u half a house.
    I think that car is now 300k plus on roads. A better option for investment would he to buy that 50 year old car now worth 350-500k. Buy to enjoy not make money. PS Zupps still has that red GTSR asking 122 auto D/A. Thats asking price at Mt Gravatt Bris. Cheers
    People always refer to the GTHO Phase 3
    Well by the same token houses back then were also a hell of a lot cheaper, I know an old chap who bought a house for 20k today it would be worth $800k easily and it's an old fibro house, just in a good location.

So in that regard his house is where it is at investment wise and he didn't have to wash and garage the house on a weekly basis nor worry about people stealing it, he was also free to renovate the house with those renovations adding value, compared to a car when you mod it, they dont add value.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT’s? we’ve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Thread Information