HSV Forum

Page 2 of 4 First << 1234 Last >>

Thread: Rego

Someone i knew drove his Maloo with WA rego for 18mths in Victoria. He was only pulled over once and explained he was visiting family as he still retained his WA license...

Was: E3 S/C Maloo
    Now: Audi RS3 (11.00 & 136MPH)

Ok, so I am back with the same issue...
    2 years in ACT and no issues with the NSW Rego as they have places that do the NSW Rego checks.
    Issue now is I am moving to the West Coast. So two questions I have;
    1) does anyone know if there are places in Perth that can do the required NSW Rego checks so that I can keep my NSW Rego.
    2) if not, whatís my chances of getting a non engineered Supercharged E3 GTS through the pits to get a WA Rego?

Or would it be easier to just sell it and start again in WA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
    1. No very much doubt it.
    2. You can only try, as its over 3 years old you will need more than VIN number and safety check. I would
    go to a local workshop that is authorized to do inspections. Once done they last for three months, you need a hard copy
    however the inspection workshop will upload the inspection onto the WA ?main roads dept website.
    Its about $135, you DO NOT need to have your vehicle put on a weigh bridge, I would take the manual with you though
    and of course proof of ownership, plates and current registration certificate.
    What part of town will you be in?
    It helps if you have the Engine number and VIN and ownership papers when getting the inspection done as it saves them time
    and they could be that bit more on your side. I had 295 tyres and they just checked the tread and brand match I think.
    The GTS comes supercharged right!
    cheers

Will be around the Mosman Park area hopefully.

Because itís an E3 it only came with the LS3. I have had a Magnusson Supercharger added, Thatís what I am worried about.

Might have to give some places a call and see what my chances are. I would rather sell it then go through all the issues getting it played or taken back to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.marksworkshop.com.au this guy does a lot of blowers. Recent work Example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9pNz4LYLWo

The owner - Posts on here as Commander Dan. We'd better salute.

This Mark has Also has done some interstate cars. Also if you're into shooting he knows a bit about it. Mark might say some aspects of the build are "his way" to get blower rego.

I have used "serving military" as an excuse for out of state plates. AFL season was the most dangerous time to have foreign plates if the wrong game was on.
    Last edited by SenatorW; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:22 PM.

I'm pretty sure you only have 3 months of livinf here before you're meant to change to WA rego.
    It will need to be inspected to get registered here so it will essentially need to be engineered in order to gain rego.

What else is done to it? Will likely need a stock exhaust (especially cats) and possibly an emissions focused tune especially if it's got a cam.

Nath had his Maloo engineered thru WA Performance, Eddy at Actives can also do vehicle inspections and there's loads of workshops that work with engineers so there's loads of choice. Pick one you're comfortable with if you choose to bring it over here.

Sounds like it will get over the line with workshops and engineers.

A lot of places can do vehicle inspections but like active please correct me if I'm wrong and it changed from four months ago, they are not licenced to do the rego inspections, very few places are.
    The Defence line is good for one year rego and for whenever your licence expires, I have a 10 year NT licence.
    How do you sell a moded car? At this stage I still have all my stock gear, and want to do more mods. I recall 30 years ago here I needed a road worthy to sell a car, but back then anyone could do one.

I know a place that seemed very good, did not take much notice of our cars, but they were 12 months old. I will not name them here. The blower should be more about insurance, when are you getting it installed!! (yes I know what the old GTS came out with)
    I recall the line, I give you a clear inspection, then you get mods, its not that easy to prove when, and that is exactly what I did, and my insurance went from $1000 to $2000 and I had to change to Shannon's. AAMI and RAC would not touch 530wks.
    Cheers.

Actives can do 5 gas testing/certificates which will be the hardest part of getting it engineered.
    I haven't had to rego a car thru a workshop so not sure of the whole process, just remember them saying they could do it.
    We snuck in with the previous rules with our last one that was rego'd under the wife's name in Vic. Provided you owned it more than 12 months, no inspection was needed, just paperwork and swap the plates. That was a few years ago now, just before the rules changed.

Completely different when you sell a car, no roadworthy necessary for change of ownership in WA. You can buy a completely unroadworthy car and Transport would be none the wiser. Same when you modify them, technically you are supposed to apply prior to the mods, do them and get them signed off where appropriate but there's nothing stopping you from doing the mods and running the gauntlet. How often do you get pulled over and the car gone over? I've had 1 yellow sticker in a bit over 20 years of driving in WA. Most times I've had to deal with police is RBT's. Shaking away at idle, loud exhaust and they just say nice car and send me on my way. Don't drive to attract attention and you won't have any issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czZfQH2YUvU

Marks worskhop with an interstate supercharged car. Accept rules and licences may have changed since video was posted back in 2015.

Thread Information