HSV Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last >>

Thread: Rego

Rego

Random question time.
    I have lived in NSW the last 13 years and am currently mid uplift to the ACT.
    Looks like I will only be there for about 12months, so not overly keen on changing my rego over to ACT.
    For those who have moved interstate and kept their previous rego how have you gone about it?
    I was thinking I just go to RMS and change my rego/license address to my mums. Is it that easy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.. move to Vic and you get 12 months grace
    before you have to change anything

how long is the grace period in ACT?
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Probably going to vic this time next year so I will keep that in mind.

How do you go with the address for your rego?
    Driving around isn't an issue, it's getting rego papers and the mrs speeding tickets is the foreseeable issue

Pretty sure your ment to change it within 3 months in the ACT. When I moved to WA i still had ACT rego for around 6 months with it to my parents address. If you change the address to a family member still in NSW i shouldnt see a problem. Now im back in ACT i gotta change it back , not looking forward to that since its about $350 a year cheaper in WA.

Thanks, I will try and change the address and see how I go.
    Just changed my full comprehensive insurance over, Sth West Syd $2070pa vs Canberra $930pa. Contents insurance SWS $775pa vs Canberra $373pa. Should have moved years ago!

I thought the "company" you work for, was allowed special dispensation on changing rego as you're potentially relocated so often. This is why so many have interstate plates on their cars years after moving to NSW living in our area.

One of your work colleagues can hopefully assist with this intel?
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_sv6 View Post
    I thought the "company" you work for, was allowed special dispensation on changing rego as you're potentially relocated so often. This is why so many have interstate plates on their cars years after moving to NSW living in our area.

One of your work colleagues can hopefully assist with this intel?
    We seem to be good with license until it expires except for moving to VIC.
    The issue is the mailing address which links license and rego. I have just changed them to my mums address.
    As for Rego we still have to comply to state law which seems to be around 3 months.

Shame I didn't get to see you before I left. It was a quick turn around between coming home and moving. All the best and look forward to seeing what you post in the future.

Had a mate in Darwin that wrote a letter to the RTA stating he was going back to SA after 12 months, first part was the system took ages and I'm sure he was able to keep the rego, surprised me he had the letter on the windscreen every few months at work. I was able to keep my HSV001 NT plates ($172) until the rego ran out in QLD then I put my old Caprice QLD plates on ($495), I renewed my NT licence early and now regret it, because every second thing I do wants to see my current drivers licence, DOB/Signature/Photo, I use a passport, still not good enough, no address, so I need to add a rates notice. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    Shame I didn't get to see you before I left. It was a quick turn around between coming home and moving. All the best and look forward to seeing what you post in the future.
    Good luck in Canberra. I dated a lady from there for a long while, but when it got serous, she didn't want to move to Sydney and I couldn't stand Canberra - it was too cold for me, so that was that.

Best wishes and yes we shall catch up on here at least
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Been up in QLD (from NSW) for 10 years+ and still have my '83 Trans Am registered in NSW rego. I just get a RWC (road worthy cert.) and send that to RTA (or whatever they are called these days. If anyone asks, I work 6 months in each state

Thread Information