HSV Forum

Page 8 of 11 First << ... 678910 ... Last >>
    I am sure HSV are treading water while they are waiting for the GM life boat to arrive. Dont be too hard on them. A lot of 1/2 tonne 4x4 dual cabs are sold in oz.. throw in some diff lockers ,air compressor abd a uhf and at least you have something to sell. Until the defrb arrives.
    Previous 2011 MY 12 VE R8 Maloo -Perfect Blue
    Current 2013 VF GTS W507 - Herron White

Reckin Walkinshaw Performance will have trick up kits for all models.. Circle of Life.
    Previous 2011 MY 12 VE R8 Maloo -Perfect Blue
    Current 2013 VF GTS W507 - Herron White

Well done HSV.
    if Colorado was their whole line up then I'd probably think it's lights out time but the other two cars are pretty good.

I'm pretty sure they can survive without tweaking the engine. Some of their really early stuff didnt have any mods (and disappeared) but the LS1 sold well for many years without any extra power than the standard motor (250/255 Vs 257kw).

Personally I'd like to see something the size of the 2002 SVT Lightning. That size would be perfect with a 6.6L
    Toy - VS11 at VT Maloo #082 in Diablo Red
    Toy - 1997 30th Anniversary EL GT

** looking for devonish (VN Group A shape) front seats

Be interesting to see their price point on the Camaro. Straight from Chevrolet Page pricing on a 1SS is $36900 + on roads. I would think the pricing will have to be pretty sharp

Quote Originally Posted by MARRA400 View Post
    Be interesting to see their price point on the Camaro. Straight from Chevrolet Page pricing on a 1SS is $36900 + on roads. I would think the pricing will have to be pretty sharp
    $80k plus I think I read somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    Colorado sticker pak - forget it......
    I thought similar at first but it does have a bit of value there if the pricing isn't blown out. They really should have at least put a rear locker in it. Rear sway bar sounds trick.

I'd think the SC will be 5k over a ZL1, so ~60k. SC+ another 5k and an SC+ with Supashocks may be around the 70k mark. That's getting up there.

Quote Originally Posted by MARRA400 View Post
    As said, around the 80k mark or there abouts. Don't expect Mustang pricing as it won't happen given they need to be converted

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Don't expect Mustang pricing as it won't happen given they need to be converted
    Maybe Tickford Mustang pricing. Those things were bloody expensive because they were converted. $89k in 2001
    Toy - VS11 at VT Maloo #082 in Diablo Red
    Toy - 1997 30th Anniversary EL GT

** looking for devonish (VN Group A shape) front seats

Colorado has some nice features, AP racing brakes, Supashok remote reservoir suspension, sway bar disconnects etc.. however I really wish they introduced the TTV6 (300kw job) or at least tweak the diesel duramax... either way job well done on this.

Camaro is very nice and I think if they price it right they will sell like hot cakes.

Silverado is my dream tow rig / going away bus, however i cant part with $120+k for one.. I think any wealthy tower of big horse floats, big boats or caravans might seriously look into them.

I'm disappointed in the Colorado with respect to 3 points which are;-

1) Those beautiful AP Racing calipers on the front with dirty old drum brakes on the rear. That really had to change too
    2) There needed to be extra power, but I guess GM USA probably stopped that.
    3) The name. I think something far better, exciting and passionate could have been used

Silverado with a 6.6L V8 Diesel I'd have in a heart beat! Make my trips our west hot weather testing the dogs before they head to the middle east so much easier.

Lastly the Camaro. They do look great as too move like lightning BUT that SS Camaro looks just too much like a Ford Probe from the side and rear. I'd definitely like to see HSV weave their magic wand other the SS and make it look no so plain Jane.

It's a great base to start from for HSV. I mean they have to start somewhere slowly and cautiously.
    2017 GEN-F2 HSV GTSR Heron White 6M 844
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Nitrate Silver 6M 098 (Gone)
    2013 GEN-F HSV GTS Heron White 6A 617 (Gone)
    2013 VF SSV Redline Nitrate Silver 6M (Gone)
    2002 VX SS II Quicksilver 6M
    Dream Car:- HSV VL SS GRP A

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

Gotta disagree with you on the looks of the Camaro. I don't think it looks plain at all. It's not wild like the ZL1 1LE, but the SS does look pretty good.

Thread Information