HSV Forum

Page 4 of 6 First << ... 23456 Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon5000 View Post
    The car is back all the issues mentioned before have been sorted.

The only issue I notice now is when I'm driving slowly in second gear (manual mode in an automatic), say at around 20 kph @ low RPM, and I put my foot down, the car accelerates rapidly till around 2500 - 3000 RPM, then just completely cuts power for a second, and then continues accelerating. But that split second power cut is massively noticeable, like the car is pinning you to the seat for the initial acceleration, then loses momentum, and then pins you back again.

Any thoughts what that might be?

Who’s tuning this thing?

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Who’s tuning this thing?
    I'll be polite and wont name names. So far I've been open to the idea that gremlins are part of the modifications journey, but am getting the sense I'm about to lose by shit real soon!

Oh and the tuner is meant to be quite reputable, is a walkinshaw authorised dealer and has several good reviews!

sounds like they may have adjusted some tables to help the other issues but its causing a REP, tell them about it and get the tune before put back in and see if its fixed if it is then they will have to go thru the tune file and not do all the changes, there are a few tables that can play up if not adjusted correctly

Gremlins are part of big builds where the water hasn’t been tested and you’re doing and trying things that have not been done before.
    A run of the mill “stage” package that has been used on many many cars should be perfected already.

Your issue should not even be present as it should have been dyno tuned and many different driving situations simulated.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR

are any stability things flashing on the dash..? try it but will less throttle see if it helps try 1/2 and 3/4 if its fine but just not wot then get tune looked at

Personally if a tuner lets s car go out in the ‘state of tune’ you had the first time I’d be questioning the tuners ability to ‘fix’ any issue. Now after being back and still having issues I’d be worried they are so incompetent that their tune may have dangerous levels of lean in it.
    It’s an expensive car with an expensive upgrade, take it somewhere else and get it retuned, clearly the current shop has no clue. That’s me anyway
    Current Ride: GenF GTS #2580 Heron White Manual 2015
    Previous Ride: E3 Senator SV #123 Sizzle Manual 2011
    Previous Ride: VYII R8 #354 Ultra Violet Manual 2004

Thing is I've already dropped a LOT of money in all of this, going to a different tuner means putting in even more cash, and also voiding the drive line warranty (which was my primary reason for choosing the walkinshaw kit).

Given its an auto, its not like its trying to protect itself is it, when I'm sending this massive amount of torque through it?

Ring Walkinshaw Performance directly and tell them the problems you’re having, see if they can help with a solution. Definitely shouldn’t be having these issues with their tried and tested packs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 VR GTS
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

There's plenty of authorised Walky dealers that I wouldn't trust with my car. If anything they've ruined the brand name by giving the contracts or rights to a lot of workshops that simply had more cash to throw at them to get it rather than the smaller shop that also applied at the same time and were knocked back. But that's another issue for another thread....

I certainly get that you don't want to go to another tuner and start over but they're throwing band aids on it instead of fixing the problem. It's highly likely that they simply don't have the know how to fix what is going on. As Kirk said, it should be a tried and tested product that behaves as advertised. Is there another Walky dealer in your state that can look at it? I would do as said, speak to WP HQ and see what they have to say as the package you've currently paid a lot of money for isn't what they're promising.

Quote Originally Posted by carbon5000 View Post
    Thing is I've already dropped a LOT of money in all of this, going to a different tuner means putting in even more cash, and also voiding the drive line warranty (which was my primary reason for choosing the walkinshaw kit).

Given its an auto, its not like its trying to protect itself is it, when I'm sending this massive amount of torque through it?
    Imagine the cost when it grenades and the heartbeat and headaches.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR

Thread Information