HSV Forum

Page 2 of 3 First << 123 Last >>
    i personally would not get to cut up about street tyre selection.
    for a daily driver on the street - all tyres with that amount of power are rubbish.
    ive got vf ls3 charged and cammed in a manual, I can fry the tyres at 50kmh in 3rd with traction control on, yet with mt et streets I hardly spin the tyres when warm.
    I would look at a tyre that is good in the wet, that's my experience anyway

ps4s going on the rears tomorrow, hope they make some difference, will report back!

Good choice with the Michelin 4S.

I used to run MPSS and the 4S have superseded them.

I replaced my 3,000km Pirelli's with 4S and it's night and day, especially if you enjoy the twisties

Racing... Because football, rugby, basketball & golf only require one ball

Quote Originally Posted by Nath View Post
    Good choice with the Michelin 4S.

I used to run MPSS and the 4S have superseded them.

I replaced my 3,000km Pirelli's with 4S and it's night and day, especially if you enjoy the twisties
    Are you saying the 4S's are slipperier?

Quote Originally Posted by spidy View Post
    Are you saying the 4S's are slipperier?
    I take the opposite from his comment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Reporting back - chalk and cheese difference between the contis and 4s's. Grip is incredible!

On another note, my fuel economy with the cam and charger has gone to complete shit even with moderate driving - getting around 200km out of a tank of 98. Will this settle down or do I need to have the tuner take a look?

Quote Originally Posted by carbon5000 View Post
    Reporting back - chalk and cheese difference between the contis and 4s's. Grip is incredible!

On another note, my fuel economy with the cam and charger has gone to complete shit even with moderate driving - getting around 200km out of a tank of 98. Will this settle down or do I need to have the tuner take a look?
    get the tune looked at, u will use a little more cos u have the blower always helping with the airflow so transitions will be higher but it shouldnt be that high only 200km on 98 is nuts unless ur stationary ALOT, when ur cruising on highway whats your instant liters showing ?

Quote Originally Posted by carbon5000 View Post

With a cam its harder to get good fuel economy so I can't speak to those numbers.

I can say I am making around 587kw with top pulley, injectors, harrop intake, headers, exhaust, spacer plate, blower lid, interchiller and I went from around 11 on the highway to 12.8 and 18 city to around 22.

After a few weeks driving that came back to near enough to 20 in the city.

In the period where it got better I just started driving it like normal and not trying to get good fuel economy, or bad.

What most likely happened is the correction tables where not populated and my tune was not exact so after some driving it got better, or that these engines don't use less when babied around.

Some of the package deals are flashed tunes with a very quick look over for pegged values because they figure each engine is near enough the same.

You could get somebody to just check your long term trim tables via an OB2 and know if the tune is not up to snuff without having to actually do anything.

Well my tuner's asked me to come back for a review and adjustments after a 1000ks or so, will raise it with him then.

After the original Conti's wore out I swapped to Coopers front and rear and they are great, softer tyre better hookup and good in the wet- worth looking at and they also look trick on --more of a straight side tyre square profile look like semi-slick type tyre on my 480kw LSA and my Bro has them on his 500KW GTS and he's happy with them too--Keith 4 Wheels in Brisbane ask for John

Thread Information