HSV Forum

Painting calipers, closest match to Holden red?

As the title suggests guys i'm about to repaint my calipers.

As i see it i have two options to repaint the calipers in red. VHT or Dupli-colour.

In your humble opinions which of the two are the closest to Sting Red/Red Hot?

Cheers

Not to sure about what is a better match, but have you thought about getting a 2pac pressure can made up instead? Would be more durable then enamel.

Pardon my ignorance but what is a 2 pack pressure can?

Crash supply shops can make them up for you. The hardener is attached to the can. You press a button on the bottom of the can to activate it. Once the hardener is released you obviously have to use the can there and then so making sure everything is fully prepped beforehand is important.

I’ve used these on most of my cars. Much harder and a nice finish as you’d expect with 2pac.

There are earlier posts about "Harrop Red" callipers. These might be a different red to those on other models. I read those posts because the WK has the Harrop. So far, no repaint needed. Harrop would certainly be able to name their paint supplier.

Hi all. Made some progress today. Talked to a outfit called the spray shop. They have caliper paint in what ever colour you want it in They are in Christchurch NZ but i would assume you Aussies have the same over there.

Thread Information