HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

9.9 inch GTS diff

Ok so I have been playing with the idea of putting a GTS
    Diff into my VF R8 and looking on the Camaro forums they use the same diff in the ZL1
    And they also do a conversion for the Camaro SS to upgrade it to the ZL1 spec driveline so my question is does the VF R8 and the GTS have the same cradle just different diff and half shafts ?? Also the new LSA clubsport R8 has the same rear calipers as mine so it can 100% be done with the standard HSV rear calipers and rotors so maybe the rear hubs of the GTS are different to cater for the bigger rear rotors

Why bother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox666 View Post
    Ok so I have been playing with the idea of putting a GTS
    Diff into my VF R8 and looking on the Camaro forums they use the same diff in the ZL1
    And they also do a conversion for the Camaro SS to upgrade it to the ZL1 spec driveline so my question is does the VF R8 and the GTS have the same cradle just different diff and half shafts ?? Also the new LSA clubsport R8 has the same rear calipers as mine so it can 100% be done with the standard HSV rear calipers and rotors so maybe the rear hubs of the GTS are different to cater for the bigger rear rotors
    Believe youíll also lose spare wheel well, as itís different for LSA models,
    so thatís under floor, carpet etc all need doing aswell
    GenF2 30yr Senator
    Previous GenF my15 Gts (fastest stock cam/heads 10.68 @ 130.3)
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

These kits will drop straight in but 20kg heavier diff , is it necessary ?

http://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/22959395.html

My car current dyno sheet is 441rwkw and I was thinking I can get a truetrac but have heard of a few cases of the Holden outer diff case breaking with truetrac equiped cars so I thought is I could get the GTS DIFF into my car that would be a better option as I am wanting to go E85 next

I hadn't heard of of diff cases breaking but a few months back I thought my true trac may be blown, turns out axle nut loose, I rang harrop and the tech said that with the newer version true trac they hadn't had any issues and were good to 500rwkw+.
    Unless your running super sticky drag tyres you'll never get that 500rwkw onto the ground.
    Still that kit from Gm is a good thing, just don't like the idea of running round with the extra bag of cement

I broke my diff casing and lots of other pieces followed about 6 months ago. 441rwkw and drag radials.
    Still need to get the internals fixed as there is a slight whine.

Where abouts does it break?
    I still think a drop in 9" from GForce/Diff Technics etc would be easier than the GTS diff

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    I hadn't heard of of diff cases breaking but a few months back I thought my true trac may be blown, turns out axle nut loose, I rang harrop and the tech said that with the newer version true trac they hadn't had any issues and were good to 500rwkw+.
    Unless your running super sticky drag tyres you'll never get that 500rwkw onto the ground.
    Still that kit from Gm is a good thing, just don't like the idea of running round with the extra bag of cement
    Same here.
    We cracked open my Eaton/Harrop Truetrac after 30,000ks and it was perfect ( changed diff ration from 4:11 to 3:70 ).
    My manual GTS is making an honest 453rwkw and on "street tyres" - has never backchatted.
    Has never had drag slicks on it.

LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Where abouts does it break?
    I still think a drop in 9" from GForce/Diff Technics etc would be easier than the GTS diff
    Broke the mounts, then the rest followed.

Thread Information