HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    If you're buying the car to drive and enjoy, 170k on the clock isn't high at all

Looks like first post did not go...second attempt..I agree 100% with White_lie. This is an interesting question...what is high mileage in terms of good buying,future value and reliability?...I have owned 4 HSV's (all V8's) one 21 years old (322,000km) (still owned), one 3 years (20,000km), one 1 year(1900Km) ,one 4 years (8000km) plus a Holden ute (V6) 25 years (500,000km plus). Which have been the most reliable , "honest" and value for money over the period that I have owned them?.. The two highest mileage, that I still own and would be MOST reluctant to sell.I learnt the hard way.. from an old fella who travelled 250,000km pa and always bought vehicles at about 100,000km, for operation in the 100,000/400,000 km range;provided they had been serviced well (on time) and used consistently.So my experience over 53 years of vehicle ownership is right in line with White_lie.Having said that I still buy "new" or "low mileage".. Why? ... I have absolutely no idea why I do that...I think model, spec and new technology have something to do with that... but only in relation to HSV's. I now smile when I read "high mileage 20,000/50,000km... and think "if only they knew"?.So here's my experience just for information....Anyone like to suggest what I should do with a new GTSR?? Cheers Bobdog

Quote Originally Posted by jjz103 View Post
    Okay so Im a universal car racer collector guy with a lot of cars of various makes. 3 or 4 Holdens in that. For a year or 2 I was watching the VZ HSV GTO's on the market waiting for a bargain. Recently I noticed the clearance rate was going up, ie they were selling, and the prices were going up too. Especially for the last of the crop, the 06 Ls2 with low kms. Now the earlier models are pulling up in price too. So I bought one. What a great car! Underpowered (Im used to race cars) but for a street car, very good, love it. The info I have collated as a buyer is based on actual recent sales. It shows best dollars for totally unmodified cars, meaning ppl are buying to collect/investment stock. That's a Holden closing thing. Best $ on 06 ls2 changing hands at about 55k less about $5k per 40kklm. 05's same slightly lower. Earlier ls1 cars slightly lower again, but holding strong. Modified harder to sell/find a buyer, but mods seem well accepted and not a big negative for price. So basically if you are selling at the moment, happy days....
    .I am one of those people that have purchased a very late model VZ GTO with a low 26,000 klms within the last 6 months.My car was made in June 2006 and is black on black auto one owner and service books. I haven't regretted my decision at all and am more that happy with car and how tight and close to new it still is.Since I have purchased the car I have been offered 10K more than I payed for it.Prices are defiantly on the up.

I have been watching the VZ GTO prices over the last 4 years. The LE and signatures started climbing about 3 years ago and the rest about a year after. Now that Holden has shit down they are rising quicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest regret was selling my vz gto in phoenix blue with sun roof ap brakes ohlens suspension and 23,000km on the clock
    Looking for a Manual VZ GTO Turismo Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Black GTO View Post
    .I am one of those people that have purchased a very late model VZ GTO with a low 26,000 klms within the last 6 months.My car was made in June 2006 and is black on black auto one owner and service books. I haven't regretted my decision at all and am more that happy with car and how tight and close to new it still is.Since I have purchased the car I have been offered 10K more than I payed for it.Prices are defiantly on the up.
    Well done, you will not regret decsion, to buy,.....and not to sell.
    A good VZ GTO is a beautiful HSV classic, and excellent value at the moment.
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Black GTO View Post
    Well done, you will not regret that decsion, to buy,.....and not to sell.
    A good VZ GTO is a beautiful HSV classic, and excellent value at the moment....IMHO, they will never be much cheaper than they are now.
    Pickles.

Black GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Well done, you will not regret that decsion, to buy,.....and not to sell.
    A good VZ GTO is a beautiful HSV classic, and excellent value at the moment....IMHO, they will never be much cheaper than they are now.
    Pickles.
    Thanks guys I really , really love the car it is pleasure to own. For those of you looking for one and reading this post my advice is get one while they are still relatively affordable. My regret in life was was in the 80s a mate of a mate had a silver mink HK Monaro 327 that needed a little work for 18K . Let me say BIG mistake for not buying it.Every time I see one I kick myself .Tatts may have to help rectify that mistake.

For those that dont know Holden stop making the Monaro in 2005 . HSV went on making the VZ GTO until mid 2006 with under 500 units. Someone will put up total GTO from beginning to end.

Thread Information