HSV Forum

Page 2 of 3 First << 123 Last >>
    Guys dont forget there is a huge difference between insurance on a car that is financed, and one that is not financed.

For some reason when they do their algorithms, the underwriters dont like financed cars. So essentially a financed car, the insurance is twice that of a paid off car.

So if youre in the position where you can draw on a home loan and pay the car outright, then do it and save a bucket of cash.

For me i always find suncorp to have the cheapest insurance. I insure all my cars with them.

If you really want to save big on insurance ask for "named drivers only", typically expect half the policy cost. We pay less NZ$900 per year, no conditions other than only the named drivers are covered.

How often do you make a claim?
    Bump the excess up and it will bring the premium down. I haven't made a claim in over 10 years, I'd rather have the savings from lower premiums in my back pocket...just make sure you've got the excess covered if you ever do need to make a claim.

I don't claim for little dings and dents though, cheaper to get them repaired yourself plus they'll drive next year's premium up too.

Car insurance

Ive got 2010 ve 20th anniversary clubsport,low k's and very tidy.Insured with shannons agreed value,choice of repairer ect ect $880 a year,i know its not like some of these new vf gts,clubsport ect but i still cant believe what they charge you to insure them what a rip off.l

That's cheap!
    2010 GTS and I am paying about $600 more and it keeps going up every year whilst the value drops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty good I guess,it's a second car and I told them I'd only do 5000 k's a year so that makes a big difference.

if u use it as a weekender and have a second vehicle with them ask to get it as a "stable setup" so when one is being used the other is in garage and vise versa that can make it cheaper if they do it too

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    That's cheap!
    2010 GTS and I am paying about $600 more and it keeps going up every year whilst the value drops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We get raped because we are in Western Sydney.

Im with Shannons - I pay $1200 pa, limited use, $46k agreed value.
    Postcode has a lot to do with risk loading.
    Im not sure if Western Sydney has more insurance claims or not, but they have been loading us up for years.

LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

Your rite about location mate I saved a fair bit each year on mine and the wife's car just from moving from one part of Newcastle to another.

looks like everyone is paying way less than what ive been quoted, $2190 agreed value $70,000 unlimited ks, only one driver. Maybe i should ask for a better deal.

Thread Information