HSV Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>

Cost of insurance

I thought I'd update my car insurance and am looking for feedback on the cost and valuations others have.
    I was quoted $2190, agreed value $70,000 , unlimited kms , fully comprehensive on the Ve Senator....

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    I thought I'd update my car insurance and am looking for feedback on the cost and valuations others have.
    I was quoted $2190, agreed value $70,000 , unlimited kms , fully comprehensive on the Ve Senator....
    Hi mick. I've got a October 16 clubsport LSA and the best insurance I got was $2000 with market value on $89000. Drive under 8000km a year, fully comprehensive. Believe or not nrma where the cheapest at that price above. Progressive insurance where the second cheapest at $2300. Insurance is due in late December so market value will go down big time and price will go up I surpose. This is my first Hsv. Anthony.

Sent from my E6653 using HSV Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by antr8lsa View Post
    Hi mick. I've got a October 16 clubsport LSA and the best insurance I got was $2000 with market value on $89000. Drive under 8000km a year, fully comprehensive. Believe or not nrma where the cheapest at that price above. Progressive insurance where the second cheapest at $2300. Insurance is due in late December so market value will go down big time and price will go up I surpose. This is my first Hsv. Anthony.

I found NRMA tend to be the cheapest for a year or two but then they put the premiums up and the value crashes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys have me worried. Paid around $1200 with GIO the last two years on the F2 GTS. Be peeved if there's a 50% hike coming!

I doubt id get insurance anywhere else other than shannnons with the mods i have, the price may be a little high but getting agreed value of 70k is probably more important to me. Would there be other insurers that do insurance for highly modded?

What happens if you do more than 8000km Antr8lsa ?

I'll see what NRMA charge in Dec. I think I'll be getting quotes every year. Insurance is a killer specially when I bought the car alot of insurance companies wouldn't even Insur the car because they said the car was a high performance vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    I doubt id get insurance anywhere else other than shannnons with the mods i have, the price may be a little high but getting agreed value of 70k is probably more important to me. Would there be other insurers that do insurance for highly modded?

What happens if you do more than 8000km Antr8lsa ?
    At the moment I'll be lucky to do 5000km a year. Got a company car. After what I'm hearing.I'll probably won't be with NRMA long term.

Quote Originally Posted by antr8lsa View Post
    I'll see what NRMA charge in Dec. I think I'll be getting quotes every year. Insurance is a killer specially when I bought the car alot of insurance companies wouldn't even Insur the car because they said the car was a high performance vehicle.

Sorry I just read my policy. I can do 10000km a year. Agreed value of $89000. Cost $2023.47 a year. I can bet anything if I did more than 10000km and had to do a claim, they would not give me to cent.

i have my E1 GTS insured at Lumleys with agreed value think its about 42k with all mods listed blower, cam, intake, exhaust its all on there for $675 im on there performance level so any more mods dont add any more cost

Recently got a quote from Shannons on a 2015 R8 lsa manual for $1118 agreed value $72k with $700 excess.

But i'm an old fart so i guess that helps with pricing, oh and less than 5000km per year travelled.

Thread Information