HSV Forum

Page 3 of 3 First << 123

Thread: tesla s

that's either not perpetual, or he's been assassinated by oil companies.
    2017 Tourer R8 30th Anniversary
    2013 Gen-F R8 SV Tourer manual - gone

Quote Originally Posted by Brett240 View Post
    Maybe it runs for 1hr or 24hrs or forever but either way he is powering the light globe, the water pumps current draw is obviously very low and it’s generating enough power to supply the light.

His contraption is so basic it shows how easy it could be replicated on many various scales.
    Hell you could even ramp up both of those bicycle wheels by adding magnets to them to generate even more force and make it run faster and easier to generate more electricity

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett240 View Post
    Agreed, one would need to break the first and second laws of thermodynamics to create a perpetual anything. It's not possible (yet). They are getting closer though (look up 'time crystals').

In technical terms that is BULL SH!T. The perpetual motion machine that is.

end of the day... people need to not be so right wing or left wing regarding electric cars.

if u dump 6billions cars on the planet 100 years ago no one would have petrol. it takes time, the economy will play itself out, new battery technology will become available, in 10 years time everything we have now will be obsolete...

except my Manual Maloo LSA will still be sick

2017 HSV Maloo R8 LSA - Heron White - #142

Quote Originally Posted by gmak View Post

except my Manual Maloo LSA will still be sick
    haha,

nuclear power and electric cars are the future. its just not an interesting one.
    2017 Tourer R8 30th Anniversary
    2013 Gen-F R8 SV Tourer manual - gone

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    That sounds pretty impressive.
    I know that they have massive torque from zero rpm don't they?..Which model do you have, and what sort of range do you have, and how about charging,..where do you do that and how long does it take?
    Pickles.
    Sorry I don't check the forums as often as I should.

I live in Hong Kong and the cars in Hong Kong. I got 90D with free super charging for the rest of its life.

The mentality with an electrical car is very different. You don't really want to keep it fully charged all the time but closer to 80% is better. If you want to go for a big cruise you simply charge it full then leave. Its best to treat it like a mobile phone, drive it and when you park it just plug it in (I never really do that).

I was super charging the car as I have free unlimited charging with mine forever but recently I have been charging it at home as it costs me almost nothing anyways. When I do supercharge it can take between 45mins to hour and 30 depending on how many people are charging. (more cars less voltage available)

I am never really going from zero to full though, more like 20% to 95%.

Mines got almost every single option on it available so it comes with high speed internal charger that can charge a lot quicker than standard cars. The problem is the voltage is not always available to do that.

I don't have any fancy power setup, just house hold power plug and that can normally put 150kms on it over night which is way more than I will do in a day distance wise.

You really never think about charging it or range, not in HK anyways as nowhere is more than 45mins away.

Oh and range, I get close to 500 clicks out a full charge but thats sort of cheating because its quite hot here and you can go a lot further when its warm than when its cold.

Also the most economical speed to drive is around 70kmph which the car probably sits at more often than not.

If it was freezing cold like 6 degrees that might go down to 430km.
    Last edited by OldMateGTS; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:57 AM.

Thread Information