HSV Forum

Page 2 of 3 First << 123 Last >>
    Not quite what you are after but I have a 2013 23,500km, stock, manual, Sydney area in heron white

I wouldn’t care if autos were 3 hours faster than a manual, manuals are more fun in my opinion. I have a few cars including autos.
    Personal preference, I believe resale will favour the manual in the future.
    Current Ride: GenF GTS #2580 Heron White Manual 2015
    Previous Ride: E3 Senator SV #123 Sizzle Manual 2011
    Previous Ride: VYII R8 #354 Ultra Violet Manual 2004

I also agree Manuals are better! (for me anyway) Yes autos may be quicker off the line and whatever, having the computer take out all the guess work and imperfections but it also takes out most of the fun! Manuals are alot more fun to drive imo and like you mentioned they definitely require more skill and concentration, all contributing to the experience of driving! and I absolutely love driving! I had an auto GTS and it just didn't do it for me i needed more input and using the sequential shift just wasnt enough, and the lag was terrible between shifts.

Ill also add Manual boxes are alot more durable.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using tapatalk

probably wouldn’t hurt to test drive a manual and auto , before deciding.

Quote Originally Posted by csgts View Post
    I also agree Manuals are better! (for me anyway) Yes autos may be quicker off the line and whatever, having the computer take out all the guess work and imperfections but it also takes out most of the fun! Manuals are alot more fun to drive imo and like you mentioned they definitely require more skill and concentration, all contributing to the experience of driving! and I absolutely love driving! I had an auto GTS and it just didn't do it for me i needed more input and using the sequential shift just wasnt enough, and the lag was terrible between shifts.

Ill also add Manual boxes are alot more durable.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using tapatalk
    +1 to this and LSExpress's response.

You also have to compare apple's to apple's -

The paddle shifts on our cars are just a gimmick - no difference to using the auto gearstick.

Drive a car like a Porsche GT 3 with paddle shift & it is 100% entirely different.
    (The double clutch transmission on these things is amazing, and not pissing in my
    own pocket but I had the opportunity to drive one on an track recently & it changed my
    opinion on paddle shift transmissions)
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Hands dont leave the wheel big diff to f around with the auto gear shift!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    Hands dont leave the wheel big diff to f around with the auto gear shift!
    What I'm saying is there is no performance gain from using the paddle shift in an HSV car.
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Manuals are lots of fun in the right circumstance.

I have a 91z28 camaro with a 5 speed. I can put that thing sideways through a cattle grid with mm to spare front and back. If I tried it with my GTS id be looking for the nearest farmer with a tractor to pull the bastard back through the fence I just took out.

I did choose the auto for my GTS as I drive it a lot in the city and after having an XY with a monster clutch that took most people both legs to push in, city driving with the XY got old fast.

I feel I have way more car control with the manual, but I also think that's down to poor skill level. In my opinion it takes way more skill to drive the auto sideways than the manual.

The best solution clearly is to own a GTS in both forms

If I could leave a car stock and not F with it I could probably afford a his and hers :P

Agree 100 percent, less my car has 47300 on the clock, new tyres, third set so I use the power, brakes, ? I can only guess 50% that's right original pads and a ton of pad before those squeal clips come in contact with the disc, so I have saved a few $ using the paddles to down shift, and I think it sounds great, all the time with both hands on the s wheel.

that aside I wonder if this guy wants to buy a gts, did he test drive an M and A6? that said not in the for sale section I am about to drop my MY15 from 71 to 65k, crap photos on carsales but happy to keep dumping the price to sell it before XMas. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    What I'm saying is there is no performance gain from using the paddle shift in an HSV car.

Thread Information