HSV Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>

WTB: 2015 Genf GTS in manual

Hi guys,

Anyone planning on selling their 2015 GTS any time soon. Looking for lowish km, stock, manual in phantom or sting red.

Preferably in the Sydney area.

Cheers
    Komp
    Last edited by Kompiler; 02-10-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Paddle shift is much nicer.
    Stock 45k black! (Flying atm.)
    MY15 Nov14 built ordered 6months out to get paddles.

I’ve owned autos before and have always been disappointed with them. Admittedly I haven’t driven a genF auto and I imagine they are leaps and bounds ahead of my last auto (vx clubsport) but I guess once bitten...

Cheers

You should drive a gts manual the manual clutch and box is a monster then try the auto.
    I had a s/c berlina auto vx. Plus 170 to 430 fwkws.
    Not the same any more use the shifter as a manual or the paddles.
    If anything the only issue is it goes like a manual no dummy safety change if you start in second it stays in second into the redline just like a manual you need to fast flick the shifter to auto or to 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    Paddle shift is much nicer.
    Stock 45k black! (Flying atm.)
    MY15 Nov14 built ordered 6months out to get paddles.
    Not trying to start a war, but that's your opinion. Having driven both (and owning the manual), I still think manuals are MUCH more fun to drive and take a certain amount of skill to manage accelerator/clutch/engine speed.

You can drive a manual spiritedly, or lazily. Autos (in my opinion) are boring to drive, even with paddles.

[QUOTE=spidy;187948Having driven both (and owning the manual), I still think manuals are MUCH more fun to drive and take a certain amount of skill to manage accelerator/clutch/engine speed.

You can drive a manual spiritedly, or lazily. Autos (in my opinion) are boring to drive, even with paddles.[/QUOTE]

That is subjective,most race cars now are paddle shift and are quicker than a manual set up
    I went to Yas Marina racing curcuit recently and had a go on the Formula 3000 open wheelers,they are paddle shifters along with most of the other classes you can drive there
    Absolutely loved it,so much so im going back.......
    I have had my auto through the Adelaide hills and it takes some skill level to get the right gear at the right speed to get max drive out of the corners when you are in a manual you can feather the clutch if your too quick into the corner, but not with these, they wont change down.
    You have to hear the revs,not feel it through your left foot
    Anyway I love the Auto,you will find it hard to break them unlike the clutches which cant handle it when you start making power

https://ticketsyasmarinacircuit.com/...814.1507000195

As I said, it's an opinion. And in my opinion, being able to feather the clutch when I'm over revving, as opposed to getting "unable to shift" message is another reason I enjoy the manuals.

As to your comment about the manuals not handling the power, I don't know if I agree with that. The reason the W1 comes in manual only is because the autos can't take the extra grunt. At least that's what's being said on these forums.

Let me state again, I don't want to start a war, just stating my opinion. I love the old school manuals and always will prefer them over the autos (paddles included).

One isn’t better than the other, they are just different. It’s very much a personal choice, however the autos are much better than they used to be, and it seems quicker in a drag race, VF GTS at least, so most people are preferring autos

Just remember that back in the old days you’re choice was either a 4sp auto or a 6sp manual, so the manual was a much better option for “drivers”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    One isn’t better than the other, they are just different. It’s very much a personal choice, however the autos are much better than they used to be, and it seems quicker in a drag race, VF GTS at least, so most people are preferring autos

Just remember that back in the old days you’re choice was either a 4sp auto or a 6sp manual, so the manual was a much better option for “drivers”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, it is a personal choice and I absolutely agree with you that autos are faster. Not sure on the stats for the VF but Ferrari love to brag about upshift times and downshift times (keep in mind they use a double clutch system). There is no way a human can keep up.

Once the auto box is tuned, cancel all the limits the engine is better utilised and kept on the boil, no manual on any track circuit or drag can keep up with it.

Tuning the box and shift points and seeing the results pay off in your times and logs is well worth it.

The gen 6 ZL1 Camaro is a 10 speed auto and they set the fastest Camaro ever lap record in the auto model not the manual version

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Thread Information