HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Post ve gts bi modal fuse position

can anyone please help by telling me how to disable the bi modal exhaust system on a ve gts series3 with edi any help is appreciated hoping just simple as removing a fuse thanks again

Nope, in the older cars itís a valve in the engine bay. I posted a picture of the early VF valve somewhere so Iíll try to dig that up. But in VE itís around the rear of the engine under the cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Hereís the early VF valve, in the reversed position meaning the flaps are permanently open. Hope this helps

2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Or you can wire in a switch. There is a wire behind the glove box you can tap and switch it on and from. There is a thread on here somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    Nope, in the older cars itís a valve in the engine bay. I posted a picture of the early VF valve somewhere so Iíll try to dig that up. But in VE itís around the rear of the engine under the cover

hey mate thanks for reply how does this manual value work if you can turn it on and off with edi function there must be something that opens and closes somewhere in system thats controlled electrically or you'd have no way of changing the settings to the valves at at all

do you have any more info on this wire snapper maybe where its connected to etc thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheels View Post
    do you have any more info on this wire snapper maybe where its connected to etc thanks mate
    Found this, it's the walk through I followed. I had a pic of my install up but since Photobucket changed all my pics are gone.

Hi Guys, Thought it was about time I came back and let you all know how to modify the EDI to allow the Bi-Modal to remain open whenever you like without having to disconnect the vacuumed lines and losing the EDI functionality to adjust the Bi-Modal.

It's actuall really simple and you only need a 12 volt switch and 1-2 meters of wire depending where you want the switch.

I've thought about keeping this information to myself but as you all have been helpfully to me and other member of this forum here goes....

Step 1. Remove the glovebox - There are 2 screws below the glovebox facing up and 5 screws in the glovebox, 3 facing up and 2 hidden behind the plastic caps either side of the glovebox. The drivers side cover goes around the boot release button.

Step 2. Make sure you key is out of the ignition and the radio is off. Or you might be heading into Holden to get the EDI reset.

Step 3. Look up (and smile) and you will see a small black box conveniently labeled 'HSV Motec EDI' discconnect the main (the large one) wireing harnes and cut the tape away exposing the wireing.

Step 4. Locate the thin orange wire ( the thick orange wire is the main 12v supply) and cut it in half.

Step 5. Connect your switch (using the 1-2meter wire as above) to the orange wires. One end of the orange wire goes to one side of the switch and, well you guest it... Connect the other end of the orange wire to the other side of the switch.

Step 6. Mount your switch (some people may want to swap step 5 and 6 around) somewhere handy. I mounted mine behind the stero fascia directly above where the ashtray woul go. This offers easy access but also hids the switch so no one knows about it

Step 7. Reconnect the EDI wireing harness and install the glovebox.

Step 8. Enjoy.....

Found a pic of where I put my switch

Good on ya FTS.
    Sharing and Caring

LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post

Hereís the early VF valve, in the reversed position meaning the flaps are permanently open. Hope this helps

mate this is why this site is so handy, car sounds heaps better by reversing valve as mine is 14 model

Thread Information