HSV Forum

Page 5 of 5 First << ... 345

Thread: Exhaust Note

Is your mate's Manta system muffler or hot dog centres? When you say cackle do you mean raspy or it crackles when backing off?

Different cars but my twin 3" with muffler centres is more than loud enough and doesn't crackle at all. Hot dog centres would be very loud. All the Manta systems I've heard have been deep, drone free and don't crackle and carry on. That's probably more due to the fact it's a GTSR and is tuned to behave that way, plus the factory bi-modals will change the note substantially.

White Lie, I had a brief look under the body and can’t say I saw any centre mufflers, hot dogs or otherwise. Perhaps the guy that did the work opted for a straight through system relying on the bi modal rear muffler to do the work.

If there's nothing in the middle and he used his factory bi-modals, not sure why you'd still call it a Manta system, any stainless pipe would have the same effect! If there's something in the middle, it will take a lot of the excess noise out and raspy-ness out of it.

Thread Information