HSV Forum

Page 3 of 4 First << 1234 Last >>

Thread: Exhaust Note

Quote Originally Posted by Killawots View Post
    Good luck. Let me know if it makes the difference I've been led to believe it will. If it does, I'll head to the performance shops over here and see if I can pick a set as well.
    Iím confident it will make the difference. The headers and centre section are identical, so it must be all in the rear muffler design. Plus I have a MY17 SSV that sounds awesome and itís got cast manifolds with a muffler packed 2 1/4Ē centre section, so even SSV mufflers may sound better then our MY14 mufflers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Any of you GTSR owners out there got a set of rear mufflers you donít want? Preferably in WA.

Quote Originally Posted by Killawots View Post
    Any of you GTSR owners out there got a set of rear mufflers you donít want? Preferably in WA.
    All MY17 LSA cars will have the same exhaust. Maybe try ringing a Walkinshaw Dealer, as they will have pulled off a few

2014 Gen-F GTS

Hi All,
    Has anyone confirmed yet if the MY17 LSA mufflers are different to the series 2 LSA mufflers (MY15-16)? I've noticed the MY17 LSA R8 sounds very nice, but not sure if its actually any different to the MY16 or MY15 series 2 LSA R8. Same question applies to GTSR, all electric bimodal of course.
    Cheers

My MY17 SSV Redline is definitely different to MY16, so a good chance the HSV models are different too

2014 Gen-F GTS

Anyone tried installing MY17 (or any series 2 muffler for that matter) on to a series 1 GTS VF? Based on photos- the brackets look different... bit of modification may be required by looks of it

Sound much love for stock mufflers..
    All stock mufflers are designed for one thing, keeping the car adr compliant

I did a drive day back when the 30th anniversary's were launched and fwiw, we were told the exhaust valve was remapped iirc. As in, it stays open longer from idle and that's why it sounds more aggressive.

Question is, where does that programme exist and can it be copied to older cars.

Also..... Question....
    Further up the thread was a picture of a big black box as the exhaust fuse. I've just pulled the little 20amp fuse on mine and stuck it into the 'spares' area. I can't tell the difference between doing it that way and pulling the black thing (which I thought was a Relay)....i tried both but you have to then find a home for the black thing.

I'd imagine all the Bi-modal stuff is in the BCM rather than the PCM? Not many people bother accessing the BCM programming.

It's the same thing pulling the fuse or the relay, you're just cutting the power so it can't close. Most people would probably just throw the relay in the centre console or glovebox rather than trying to keep it in the fuse box.

Quote Originally Posted by disorganise View Post
    I did a drive day back when the 30th anniversary's were launched and fwiw, we were told the exhaust valve was remapped iirc. As in, it stays open longer from idle and that's why it sounds more aggressive.

Question is, where does that programme exist and can it be copied to older cars.

Also..... Question....
    Further up the thread was a picture of a big black box as the exhaust fuse. I've just pulled the little 20amp fuse on mine and stuck it into the 'spares' area. I can't tell the difference between doing it that way and pulling the black thing (which I thought was a Relay)....i tried both but you have to then find a home for the black thing.
    The fuse for the MY15+ cars is the big black one in the boot ending in 128. What year is your car and which big black thing did you pull out??
    2014 Gen-F GTS

Thread Information