HSV Forum

Page 4 of 4 First << ... 234

Thread: Exhaust Note

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    The fuse for the MY15+ cars is the big black one in the boot ending in 128. What year is your car and which big black thing did you pull out??
    It's an F2. So MY16. I'll have to grab a photo. But after a a couple days with it sitting in the glove box, I went and stuck it back in and pulled the yellow 20amp fuse instead.
    I also fashioned a Relay to that 20a socket to give me a remote button turn it off and on. But it drains my battery as I had it connected direct. Will have to find a power source that is only on with the ignition

Quote Originally Posted by lmoengnr View Post
    That sounds interesting. Any more info?
    Sorry I canít remember the guys name. He was advertising on Facebook, possibly on the VF HSV owners page. It cost me $100 delivered.
    For the record the nice exhaust notes everyone is talking about started with the series and GTS MY15.
    Much louder and lots of crackle n pop. People with an earlier GTS only need search for mufflers MY15 and newer, not necessarily GTSR ones 👍🏽
    Current Ride: GenF GTS #2580 Heron White Manual 2015
    Previous Ride: E3 Senator SV #123 Sizzle Manual 2011
    Previous Ride: VYII R8 #354 Ultra Violet Manual 2004

Quote Originally Posted by LSExpress View Post
    Sorry I can’t remember the guys name. He was advertising on Facebook, possibly on the VF HSV owners page. It cost me $100 delivered.
    For the record the nice exhaust notes everyone is talking about started with the series and GTS MY15.
    Much louder and lots of crackle n pop. People with an earlier GTS only need search for mufflers MY15 and newer, not necessarily GTSR ones ����

Just as i thought, the mufflers in the series 2 are much larger than the series 1 mufflers. The brackets look different too, but i am told the series 2 mufflers will fit on series 1, so i may give it a go and provide an update if its true the mufflers can be swapped without any mods to brackets etc. (bi modal function obviously wont work).

I believe the programming on the MY17 may be the reason they sound more aggressive, regardless of the revs the flaps are always open, only when under certain load and throttle position does the bimodal close, rather than relying simplying on the revs to open/close the bimodal like other models.

Would anyone happen to have a schematic or details regarding the electric bimodal solenoid connector (4pin) on the muffler itself? Seems like it operates similar to a damper- 12v to open and 12v to close, non auto return position, it needs power to operate the flap in any position and will stay in that position unless power is applied to perform opposite function. Must use a changeover / three position switch or motor will burn. Thats im thinking it is anyway.

This is the best I've found. Better res is probably out there or if someone has the workshop manual..

MY13+

MY15+

Doesn't give you much on the pins on the mufflers but you may be able to work out the switch types.

Quote Originally Posted by MattLSA View Post
    Just as i thought, the mufflers in the series 2 are much larger than the series 1 mufflers. The brackets look different too, but i am told the series 2 mufflers will fit on series 1, so i may give it a go and provide an update if its true the mufflers can be swapped without any mods to brackets etc. (bi modal function obviously wont work).

I believe the programming on the MY17 may be the reason they sound more aggressive, regardless of the revs the flaps are always open, only when under certain load and throttle position does the bimodal close, rather than relying simplying on the revs to open/close the bimodal like other models.

Would anyone happen to have a schematic or details regarding the electric bimodal solenoid connector (4pin) on the muffler itself? Seems like it operates similar to a damper- 12v to open and 12v to close, non auto return position, it needs power to operate the flap in any position and will stay in that position unless power is applied to perform opposite function. Must use a changeover / three position switch or motor will burn. Thats im thinking it is anyway.
    As per my post, the new loud mufflers and electric bi-modal started with the MY15 SERIES 1 not the series 2 as most people seem to think.
    Current Ride: GenF GTS #2580 Heron White Manual 2015
    Previous Ride: E3 Senator SV #123 Sizzle Manual 2011
    Previous Ride: VYII R8 #354 Ultra Violet Manual 2004

Thread Information