HSV Forum

Bathurst trackside tickets

Hi All,

I'm thinking about travelling to Bathurst for the race this year - never been before - wondering if anyone can help out with details on trackside tickets... how much access do you get to the track with these i.e can you get anywhere near pit straight / can you walk around the whole track or only certain sections?

thanks in advance

The GA ticket allows you access to most of the outside of the track. You need to pay extra for the access to the rear of the pits, but that said, you're still a good 20+metres from where the cars pull up as they have deep pit bays and mostly stack their spares and tyres blocking much of the view.

I rarely head to the top of the mountain, we setup on pit straight and have a great view of the cars and the big screen TVs located on top of the corporate suites.

I think the bus that gets you to the top of the mountain costs about $5 or of course you can stretch the legs and walk
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    Hi All,

I'm thinking about travelling to Bathurst for the race this year - never been before - wondering if anyone can help out with details on trackside tickets... how much access do you get to the track with these i.e can you get anywhere near pit straight / can you walk around the whole track or only certain sections?

thanks in advance
    I would suggest getting an all access pass - gets you pretty much anywhere.
    I have to admit that I will spend 1/2 a day at least at the back of the pits.
    Lots & lots to see.
    Worth while only if you do it once to go up to the top, but way, way to far to walk.
    Catch the bus, look around, feel the atmosphere, then bus it back.
    The Chase infield is a good spot to set up shop, but get there early to get a good possie.
    Good spot to watch the cars come flat stick down conrod & then brake & scream out of the chase.
    Pick your spot correctly & the cars will upchange right in front of you - music to your ears......
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE

I like Murray's Corner.
    Good visual of the cars as they come tearing down for the final corner.
    And....there is also a bar and food within short walking distance.

LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

thanks everyone - much appreciated

Thread Information