HSV Forum

Thread: Radio issue

Radio issue

I have a Sept 2011 build ve e3 clubsport. When I got in the car today to come to work the reverse camera seemed to be frozen on the iq screen. I stopped and turned the car off and the map screen loaded in. However I cannot use the radio. It doesn't play and when I push the radio button on the head unit nothing happens, but all other buttons, bluetooth, map etc all work, just not the radio. Could anyone offer any suggestions please.

I have had the rear view camera freeze on me once before but it fixed itself after a restart and hasn't happened since. Maybe you could try disconnecting the battery, if that doesn't work you might have to take it to the stealership.

You'll probably work fine today. My E3 R8 and SII VE SV6 both had cameras replaced under warranty, but they still have an occasional glitch that shutting the car down for a few hours seems to reboot it all ok.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Yep, when I got in the car the next day all seemed fine, so thanks. Hopefully just a one off glitch.

Similar thing happened to my SSV and E3 GTS. Usually taking the key out opening the door shutting then restarting sorts it out but on the SSV i did once have to jiggle the wiring loom for the camera in the boot to get it to off a black screen.

Thread Information