HSV Forum


Page 2 of 4 First << 1234 Last >>
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Didn't they replace the pipe though as well, get rid of those chambers that are on it?
    Knowing Walky, it would be someone else's intake but with their badge on it somewhere. This looks like a 100% standard airbox and piping to me
    yeah they are a VCM

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Didn't they replace the pipe though as well, get rid of those chambers that are on it?
    Knowing Walky, it would be someone else's intake but with their badge on it somewhere. This looks like a 100% standard airbox and piping to me
    There have been a few different types over the years. I've only just seen the pic of intake in subject, and that looks like a stock air box to me!

    These are the "Walkinshaw" side mounted boxes



    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by markalan1two View Post
    yeah they are a VCM
    Their new "walkinshaw" OTR is a VCM unit. The side mounted boxes were other brands - the first one was an SS Inductions unit
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    26
    Yeah it's looking a little suspect. I will definitely have to go and see it in person to determine what's going on. Would anyone know how much louder a W375 package would be over stock? I was thinking of looking at a stock one first and then go and see this one to compare

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    44
    My side mounted looks different (it's 507 but assume all the intakes are the same). It looks like the standard pipe but the air box is big and round. I can post up a picture tomorrow if anybody interested.

    Edit: same as this https://d3lp4xedbqa8a5.cloudfront.ne...557-engine.jpg
    Last edited by D3F1ANT; 13-09-2017 at 05:29 PM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by D3F1ANT View Post
    My side mounted looks different (it's 507 but assume all the intakes are the same). It looks like the standard pipe but the air box is big and round. I can post up a picture tomorrow if anybody interested.

    Edit: same as this https://d3lp4xedbqa8a5.cloudfront.ne...557-engine.jpg
    LSA is different to the 375 LS3 package


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by a.froio View Post
    Yeah it's looking a little suspect. I will definitely have to go and see it in person to determine what's going on. Would anyone know how much louder a W375 package would be over stock? I was thinking of looking at a stock one first and then go and see this one to compare
    Either way you would need to get the tune checked on a dyno to see if it was tuned for the stock air box or the OTR it should have had on it. My guess is that it had the w375 pack with the OTR on it and the owner swapped it out to either sell the OTR separately or reuse it on his new car


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    Either way you would need to get the tune checked on a dyno to see if it was tuned for the stock air box or the OTR it should have had on it. My guess is that it had the w375 pack with the OTR on it and the owner swapped it out to either sell the OTR separately or reuse it on his new car


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I just wonder if they left the headers and exhaust that go with the W375 package and just changed the intake. Big difference between the stock and the walkinshaw ones?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by a.froio View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I just wonder if they left the headers and exhaust that go with the W375 package and just changed the intake. Big difference between the stock and the walkinshaw ones?
    Big difference in sound, but most of the power is made from the OTR and the tune!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    6,977
    Quote Originally Posted by a.froio View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I just wonder if they left the headers and exhaust that go with the W375 package and just changed the intake. Big difference between the stock and the walkinshaw ones?
    Exhaust is a lot more difficult to swap out, especially if they're doing it at home...looks like it's got black Walky tips on it though from the photo? They don't look standard anyway but it's hard to see







Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •