HSV Forum

Page 3 of 3 First << 123
    Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Exhaust is a lot more difficult to swap out, especially if they're doing it at home...looks like it's got black Walky tips on it though from the photo? They don't look standard anyway but it's hard to see
    How did u spot that!? Good eyes!

I will definitely keep an eye out on those.

Buying a HSV with W375 package

What about the mismatch rear bar to quarter panel ? Paying that much coin would do my head in lol .... I'd want it same colour. It's probably factory but I'd be pulling the boot trim back and sussing it out
    Last edited by Vzr1; 6 Days Ago at 10:52 PM.

At least you know it hasn't had a smack in the rear lol! In most lights the paint match isn't an issue on most cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

As said, it's more likely to be factory HSV when it doesn't match. If it was a perfect match, it would probably have been painted after the fact. They haven't spent so much time getting them right until now

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    As said, it's more likely to be factory HSV when it doesn't match. If it was a perfect match, it would probably have been painted after the fact. They haven't spent so much time getting them right until now
    I just took my nitrate Clubsport in to get a scratch and dent fixed on the passenger door - ended up having both doors and quarter panels resprayed and blended as they couldn't match it due to too many variations over the panels!

Quote Originally Posted by Vzr1 View Post
    What about the mismatch rear bar to quarter panel ? Paying that much coin would do my head in lol .... I'd want it same colour. It's probably factory but I'd be pulling the boot trim back and sussing it out
    Yeah I will definitely be having a closer look at that. Could just be the lighting as the photos are taken inside and possibly under lights

this is amusing. Gateway called me about this car today asking why the OTR was removed. my old wagon is for sale down there, which is a stocker. was quite the puzzling conversation. they've obviously mixed the old owners up
    2017 Tourer R8 30th Anniversary
    2013 Gen-F R8 SV Tourer manual - gone

Quote Originally Posted by Brett240 View Post
    this is amusing. Gateway called me about this car today asking why the OTR was removed. my old wagon is for sale down there, which is a stocker. was quite the puzzling conversation. they've obviously mixed the old owners up
    Most likely because I questioned them about it and they are trying to get answers. Good thing the old owner reached out and gave me a full run down of the history of the vehicle so I'm really happy I got the answers I was looking for.

Thread Information