HSV Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last >>

Buying a HSV with W375 package

Hi all,

I'm looking into buying a HSV and one I am very interested in has the walkinshaw W375 package. My only issue is, after reading what's included in the W375 package the car im looking at has the standard airbox and not a OTR. It has all the walkinshaw badging etc.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm going to throw up the link for the car and someone may know the background of it.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/d...AG-AD-15105659

Have you spoken to the dealer about it? Doesn't sound like it got the full package or the previous owner swapped intakes and kept the OTR for their new car

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Have you spoken to the dealer about it? Doesn't sound like it got the full package or the previous owner swapped intakes and kept the OTR for their new car
    Not as of yet. Just wanted to do my research and get some feedback before asking about it. I will most likely be going down on the weekend to have a look.

It's also possible he took all the walkinshaw parts off but left the badging.. that's another thing I have to keep an eye out for.

Here's what it should have
    http://www.walkinshawperformance.com.au/w-series/W375/
    Package Contents

► Walkinshaw Performance Ceramic Coated Headers
    ► Walkinshaw Performance Dual Active Cat Back Exhaust
    ► Walkinshaw Performance OTR Cold Air Intake
    ► Walkinshaw Performance ECU Calibration
    ► W375 Badging
    ► W Series Certificate of Authenticity
    ► Walkinshaw Performance Drive Line Warranty
    Last edited by markalan1two; 13-09-2017 at 11:40 AM.

I've seen Walkinshaw badges/stickers sold on ebay as well...

Racing... Because football, rugby, basketball & golf only require one ball

I guess there is no real way of knowing unless I go and have a look. Seems odd they would just take off the intake.. also that would ruin the tune unless he got it retuned once he removed the OTR

I'd imagine there would be plenty left on the table with a Walky tune but yes, possibly/likely dropped a bit of power going back to a standard airbox

Could always use it as a bargaining tool...OTR and tune will be over a grand, take it off the price

Pretty sure the early W375 packs had the side mounted box (SS inductions), so it could have that

On another note, my brother is getting one installed today on a VF2 SSV and he is paying NZD10,000. I told him they are over priced, but I think he just wants the Walkinshaw name...
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    Pretty sure the early W375 packs had the side mounted box (SS inductions), so it could have that

On another note, my brother is getting one installed today on a VF2 SSV and he is paying NZD10,000. I told him they are over priced, but I think he just wants the Walkinshaw name...
    Hmmm I'll make sure I check to see if it has the aftermarket headers and exhaust because you might be right, it may not have gotten the OTR but still achieved the 375 they say.

To be honest I'm not too fussed about the walkinshaw bits but I just want to make sure it is what they say. If they say it's got the W375 pack I want it to have that pack.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post

Didn't they replace the pipe though as well, get rid of those chambers that are on it?
    Knowing Walky, it would be someone else's intake but with their badge on it somewhere. This looks like a 100% standard airbox and piping to me

Thread Information