HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Heavy Duty Clutch VF LSA

Hi guys,

What clutches are you guys running with manual LSA's making above stock power?? I was thinking of going NPC twin plate (coppermix organic & button)... but open to suggestions.

Ive done a couple mods to my car and currently making 380rwkw (soon to be roughly 420rwkw) and I think my stock clutch isn't liking it... I never do burnouts and only the occasional 1st gear launch. However if I do a handful of 2nd / 3rd gear WOT roll on's, after the clutch seems to shutters abit and when I go take off from the lights its jerky.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by ASD14; 08-09-2017 at 12:25 PM.

I previously used the McLeod RXT clutch in my LSX454 it worked great that car was making 620rwhp, they also do the McLeod clutch for the LSA and several people have used it.

I abused the crap out of that clutch and it always worked well, I would be going that route if i were manual.
    Pedal feel wasn't stock but it also wasn't very heavy either.

Prior to this I was using a Malwood clutch and it didn't last very long.
    Car was making very decent HP as I broke basically everything in the rear end, diff, drive shaft 3x over, half shaft, axle splines/hubs you name it i broke it.

So yes all in all I loved that clutch I feel it's up to the task of big HP builds.

EDIT:
    found the link for it for you: http://www.mcleodracing.com/index.ph...sc-110329.html
    Last edited by GenF-GTS; 08-09-2017 at 01:43 PM.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

I've got 460kw atw still running stock clutch so I'm interested to know thoughts on a replacement if need be also. Car is at 23000km with 3000km at 460kw an no slip or shudder issues so far. Admittedly I haven't taken to the drags or really thrashed it but I have given it a hard time and its holding up very well.

I'm pretty sure a night at the drags it wouldn't cope so well though.

Genf - thanks for that mate, I will have a look into it!

The stock clutch seems to be holding up ok, for now.... but doing my research just incase it cant handle the extra power soon.

I had issues with my stock clutch. I went mantic twin plate but wish I had gone the box.
    VF GTS, 22.5% overdrive pulley, 2" primary 4-1 extractors on to twin 3" exhaust, Cold Air, 160 deg thermostat, Cam, double valve springs, 65lbs injectors. 649 rwhp.

Remdogg - how is the mantic twin plate holding up to your power?? Also what do you mean "gone the box" as in auto?

cheers.

Sorry typo I meant gone the npc for smoother eguagement. It holds the power no dramas. I just think having one plate organic copper mix would improve the drivability.
    VF GTS, 22.5% overdrive pulley, 2" primary 4-1 extractors on to twin 3" exhaust, Cold Air, 160 deg thermostat, Cam, double valve springs, 65lbs injectors. 649 rwhp.

No dramas mate thanks, well ive spoken to couple mates who running aftermarket clutches on their hsv's (older ones but turbo'd) and they both said run a twin plate organic... ceramic & button clutches are no good on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Remdogg View Post
    I had issues with my stock clutch. I went mantic twin plate but wish I had gone the box.
    Same here - Im running the Mantic 9000 twin place ceramic. It took a while to bed in but its absolutely awesome after 300km.
    It holds my power - no problem

LS2 V3 Vortech Supercharged
    607rwhp

I started with the mantic twin plate organic and that couldn't hold the power , went to ceramic and that was fine. The ceramic lasted a yr. Replacement ceramic discs are $530 each and you can't buy the intermediate plates. They expect you to buy a new clutch kit which sux

Thread Information