HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OldMateGTS View Post
    There is a four door(or two), rear wheel drive, LSA engine car most likely coming in 2019 but there will always be something better sooner or later.

My guess is the SSV is a little bit nicer to drive though. Low slung cars with tight suspension can get old as a daily.

I just got used to reverse parking my GTS everywhere to stop me pulling the bumper off
    I'm a big Holden/HSV fan so want to hang on to my GTS for that reason. Although if the new car in 2019 is an HSV with an LSA or similar, RWD and has 4 doors for around the $100k mark I'd likely consider trading my GTS on one

My SSV Redline is actually lower and firmer than my GTS
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

2014 GTS with ~106,000 km.

Just had the power steering rack replaced under warranty due to known fault.

Had both tail lights replaced under warranty due to LED known fault.

Rear bumper not sitting flush under tail light - apparently they need to replace clips with new ones as it's a known issue.

AC stinks like gym gears upon start up and I'm thinking there must be mould or something in the water line as the car is teligously serviced at dealer so it gets new filter.

Engine feels strong - nothing seems amiss although I've heard there is some issues with early LSA pulleys?
    My Rides: 2013 VF SS Auto Sportswagon in Nitrate (OTR CAI, Headers, Brembo 4 pots all around, DBA T3 rotors, Paddleshift kit, Bilstein shocks on King springs);
    2014 Gen F HSV GTS Auto in Sting Red (stock for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdoggydogg View Post
    AC stinks like gym gears upon start up and I'm thinking there must be mould or something in the water line as the car is teligously serviced at dealer so it gets new filter.
    The fresh air inlet in front of the windscreen on the passenger side has no actual filter, but you can add one and use A/C deodoriser which should remove/destroy whatever is causing the smell if it's in the air ducting.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

The smell is from mould and bacteria buildup on the evaporator and in the blower box. This is due to moisture condensation that builds up on it when the aircon is running. Its especially an issue in the northern states due to humidity. By the end of last summer my car reeked. I'm not surprised to hear that much newer Holdens are still the same. I haven't had this issue with any other cars.

Some mechanics offer a service where they spray stuff through your vents to sanitise and kill all the crap, getting rid of the smell.
    The tightass way is to spray some Glen 20 into the intake plenum under windscreen while the fan is running. It helps but will need to be done once a week or so to stay on top of it.

Righty... well looks like its a trip to supercheap to find this deodorizer because I gag evertime I start the car now.
    My Rides: 2013 VF SS Auto Sportswagon in Nitrate (OTR CAI, Headers, Brembo 4 pots all around, DBA T3 rotors, Paddleshift kit, Bilstein shocks on King springs);
    2014 Gen F HSV GTS Auto in Sting Red (stock for now)

Righty... well looks like its a trip to supercheap to find this deodorizer because I gag evertime I start the car now.
    I've used this stuff before with good results... Supercheap should also stock it as they deal with Autoglym.
    I just put it in the passenger footwell and left the AC on

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/p..._con_sanitizer

2014 GTS with ~106,000 km.

Just had the power steering rack replaced under warranty due to known fault.

Had both tail lights replaced under warranty due to LED known fault.

Rear bumper not sitting flush under tail light - apparently they need to replace clips with new ones as it's a known issue.

Engine feels strong - nothing seems amiss although I've heard there is some issues with early LSA pulleys?
    My AC used to stink like mold on start up for the first 10 seconds more or less from new, had it re-gassed fitting interchiller and now the smell is gone. It now smells like chemicals and burnt plastic for 10 seconds on start up :P

Lol they probably split coolant in there
    I'd flush it out it shouldn't stink at all

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

67000k on my late 2014 GTS (42000 miles) over here in the UK.

Thread Information