HSV Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last >>

Thread: New to HSV

New to HSV

Hey fellas, just picked up my 2008 VE Maloo ute. Cam, OTR, 6 speed man, walkinshaw exhaust ,sounds awesome!

One issues I am having is on cold start it won't idle, I have to keep the revs up until it gets warm then it runs fine once warmed up. Someone told me to get it retuned, my question is why do they go out of tune?

The car may not have been tuned well to start with. Since you don't know the history of the car/tune, I would be taking it to your local reputable LS tuner to get the tune looked at
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    The car may not have been tuned well to start with. Since you don't know the history of the car/tune, I would be taking it to your local reputable LS tuner to get the tune looked at
    She's going back for a dyno next week.

As said, it wouldn't have lost its tune, it just wasn't tuned properly to begin with.

It will generally run a few different parameters until it warms up (80 or there abouts). It can be difficult to get this aspect right, especially when some tuners don't even keep the car overnight to work on the cold start!

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    As said, it wouldn't have lost its tune, it just wasn't tuned properly to begin with.

It will generally run a few different parameters until it warms up (80 or there abouts). It can be difficult to get this aspect right, especially when some tuners don't even keep the car overnight to work on the cold start!
    That's one thing he did mention, he wants it overnight for a cold start.

Who's tuning it?
    Do you know who did the work?

Quote Originally Posted by Vzr1 View Post
    Hey fellas, just picked up my 2008 VE Maloo ute. Cam, OTR, 6 speed man, walkinshaw exhaust ,sounds awesome!

One issues I am having is on cold start it won't idle, I have to keep the revs up until it gets warm then it runs fine once warmed up. Someone told me to get it retuned, my question is why do they go out of tune?
    Could be as simple as Carbon build up, I had the same issue once hot all ok.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Who's tuning it?
    Do you know who did the work?
    Nah on idea who did they work, and the old owner isn't to forth coming with info.

Chip torque on the goldcoast are doing it

Quote Originally Posted by GTS2017 View Post
    Could be as simple as Carbon build up, I had the same issue once hot all ok.
    Yeah someone mentioned that to me.... where's it build up?

Quote Originally Posted by Vzr1 View Post
    Yeah someone mentioned that to me.... where's it build up?
    My Holden dealer did mine, mechanics will have a carbon cleaner, it's an machine that pumps gas similar to nitromethane through the engine in a controlled amount.

Thread Information