HSV Forum

Page 7 of 7 First << ... 567

Thread: W1

You'll die one day and have only driven the car X number of times multiplied by 25km.

The car will hold value, may go up etc etc

Drive it and enjoy it mate, a bus could hit you next week, cripple you and then what you never enjoyed the car and just got to stare at it.

Go hard mate and enjoy the car, even leaving it stock, just take it out and open that throttle up and feel it for what it is.
    You will have a lot more fun driving it than looking at it.

Everyone knows there are far better investments out there for the money spent.
    So enjoy it you have everyone's permission...LOL

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

I had a deposit on one of these, and it was going to be home on a tilt tray and garaged and pulled out to wash it and run it and pop it back away.

I remember about 15 years ago there was a genuine A9X for sale with something like 13km on the clock. I thought to myself, Imagine the price that car would pull when its sold. Imagine if you were buying an A9X or a GTHO and there was a choice between 13km on the clock or one that had been driven 1500km a year - showing 70,000kms. I know which one I would take as an investment/restorer.

If you want to keep it for the money. Dont drive it. If you love cars too much, drive it and enjoy the last of the best.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

If I bought one I probably drive it almost daily for the first year, then reduce it down to a couple of thousand ks a year. But I would be trying to not drive it, as whats the point in owning one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

I'm completely left of field here but the thought of buying a GTSR or W1 at the run out inflated prices for an investment I don't feel will pan out. GTHO & A9X already have the years pass & are obtaining decent $$ now due to being low in numbers & rare to find pristine examples with buyers not giving a second thought to what they burn. But times are a changing so in 5-10 years the cages bought won't be petroleum eaters which is bound to have an effect in the market place for examples that drink the stuff even if limited edition rare.

If I purchased either GTSR or W1 I would be driving it for the enjoyment & massive smile on the face experience because you only live once.

Quote Originally Posted by zRoYz View Post
    I'm completely left of field here but the thought of buying a GTSR or W1 at the run out inflated prices for an investment I don't feel will pan out. GTHO & A9X already have the years pass & are obtaining decent $$ now due to being low in numbers & rare to find pristine examples with buyers not giving a second thought to what they burn. But times are a changing so in 5-10 years the cages bought won't be petroleum eaters which is bound to have an effect in the market place for examples that drink the stuff even if limited edition rare.
    What happens when it all turns to crud and we go like some other countries proposing to ban gasoline powered cars? Do they get confiscated and crushed or can you keep it even if you can't run it?

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    What happens when it all turns to crud and we go like some other countries proposing to ban gasoline powered cars? Do they get confiscated and crushed or can you keep it even if you can't run it?
    Recently had a call from my local HSV sales rep to come down and have a look at the current HSV entry.

They had a WHITE GTSR auto, the wide guards did not line up correctly with the Bonnet and Bumper, the back vents either side of the back bumper are fake and serve no purpose.

I ask him how many W1 they sold and they said 4, he mention one dude came down from geelong with a titl tray, the day was wet and it ended up slipping of one of the ramps.

The best car they had in the yard was a 30year Tourer with the big brakes, the sales person mentioned that out of 92 hsv's del, that 4 only were Tourer's, hard to come by I think.

Somewhere deep in the massive GTSR thread are the 2017 numbers. The Tourers had the shortest build run
    2017 Tourer R8 30th Anniversary
    2013 Gen-F R8 SV Tourer manual - gone

drive the w1 where up too 1300 ks they just get better

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would drive it and enjoy a great car. if you look at the phase 3 shakers, whilst it may just be selling at the right time the better prices had little to do with very low kms, or how good they looked.
    Repaint the car it may dump 20 percent, well worn original paint seemed to hold good prices.
    cheers

Thread Information