HSV Forum

Page 2 of 3 First << 123 Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2Clubby View Post
    They're H3 mate. I think the originals are either 15w or 35w. I used 50w or 100w, can't remember, but they're fine.
    To change them, the easiest way I found was to remove the plastic inner guard, un-clip the wiring harness, and then remove the whole unit by taking out the 4 Philips head screws that hold the fog light assembly to the front bar.
    It's easier than trying to get the globes in while the assembly is still bolted to the bar. I'd change all four while you've got them out. Saves you having to do the whole process again.
    Excellent! Thanks mate. That's the plan, do all four at once. Sounds like a job for my mates hoist, beats crawling around on the ground lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xplaya View Post
    I dont think its a good idea to use 100w. I would go with 50w`
    I'll go with 55w

I can't remember which i went for, except that they were a lot higher in watts than the standard ones.
    After replying to your thread, I purchased some H3 Led's online. Should arrive by the end of the month.
    If they're half decent, I should never have to worry about changing them again.

I was looking at LED too, but will go with white vision / crystal vision.

I didn't stop with the H3's, the next day I ended up getting H7 and H9 Led sets for the headlights too. Should have them in for testing by next weekend.

I put HID low beam, white vision high beam & led parkers. Once the driving/fog lights are done it will be all "white" light.

I bought some H9 LED's for my daily ute from eBay, much better than any incandescent lamps I've tried.

Low and High Beam LED's in.

Do you need canbus specific LEDS?

I went with canbus equipped units just in case. My lights have the drivers built inside the body of the leds, so no extra box to cable tie outside your headlights. Everything is contained within the factory headlight body. The only thing you need to modify when doing your low and high beam is your caps. You need to drill out an opening in the centre of the caps to suit the heat extraction fans. A hole saw a little larger than the fan enclosure works perfectly. I also just finished doing the fog lights and lower highbeam with leds too.

Thread Information