HSV Forum

Page 3 of 12 First << 12345 ... Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    A good result Nick.
    Likely already running quicker times than the average '500' pack with less dollar outlay and standard boost.

I am curious why you run with a full tank though. A few easy kilos to drop running with half or less. But in the scheme of things with tracking progress, it does remove a bit of a variable constantly running it full.
    I know I can drop weight and go faster with less fuel but I want to keep as accurate as possible so I fill up with fuel and go to drags, doing the 1/4 tank the same for each part of this process hard to do as I drive everyday so this way it's just easier!!!!
    Hyundai Accent 1.6 manual (current PB 590kms til fuel redlight!!!)
    GenF2 30yr Senator (stock cam/heads 10.63@131.99)
    Previous GenF my15 Gts (was fastest stock cam/heads 10.68 @ 130.3)
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

ive always wondered that about weight, say u get wheel spin in 3rd but if u have a full tank or person in the back u can then use full throttle without spin is the extra weight worth the extra power to the ground or do they just even out ?

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    ive always wondered that about weight, say u get wheel spin in 3rd but if u have a full tank or person in the back u can then use full throttle without spin is the extra weight worth the extra power to the ground or do they just even out ?
    I've always thought more weight over the rear better for traction. At drags I get zero wheelspin off of line st my power level now.
    Previously with Gts again was just mash throttle car would hook, any more power with it though I'd be spinning on launch and would have to modify my start procedure or back end setup....
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

How does the car sound now compared to the stock air box? CAI, lid spacer and tune sounds like a good first step for me
    1994 VR GTS
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    How does the car sound now compared to the stock air box? CAI, lid spacer and tune sounds like a good first step for me
    I can hear the supercharger whine more now, I'm still loving the stock exhaust sound with the new bimodal opening setup.
    I'm adding boost soon and gonna see where I end up, before doing any major exhaust work.
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

My 30yr Senator Build Thread

Sweet. I think Iím going to start off slow like you have in this one. Iím interested to know if more boost will increase the supercharger sound. The stock exhaust on my 2017 SSV sounds amazing too, so much better than my 2014 GTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 VR GTS
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Very impressed by how much temperature is dropped by that lid spacer...why/how does that happen? (Sorry if thats a noob question).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by D3F1ANT View Post
    Very impressed by how much temperature is dropped by that lid spacer...why/how does that happen? (Sorry if thats a noob question).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk
    Isolating the intercooler and blower lid away from the heat source of the blower

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

So update on my build progress.
    Boost upgrade is on hold at the moment due to fact that couple of times now Iíve heard a rattling type noise from car, sounds very much like the supercharger isolator.
    Started car today after being parked at work and heard noise... went away with revs eg 1000/1200rpm, didnít make a round once home and at idle.
    So be on phone tomorrow to get looked at.
    My senator is at 5600kms
    My my15Gts (Nov 14 build) was over 60,000kms with majority overspinning the blower and was quiet as a mouse...
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

Enjoying your thread Nick. So looking at your Dyno figures, your in W1 territory now for power and torque correct for I guess around a $2200 spend.

Thread Information