HSV Forum

Page 9 of 9 First << ... 789
    Awesome night and well done nick , you are
    Not standing still long enough to catch your time you keep moving the bar LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox666 View Post
    Awesome night and well done nick , you are
    Not standing still long enough to catch your time you keep moving the bar LOL
    Itís all fun eh!!!! Always handy when youíre tuner can give advice and assistance.
    GenF2 30yr Senator
    Previous GenF my15 Gts (fastest stock cam/heads 10.68 @ 130.3)
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IATís? weíve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by NickGts View Post
    Iíve got myself some 305MT SS, wheel arches rolled by Nelson at Sydney Guard Rolling, I have had an alignment done so praying they donít rub.. they look wide and meaty...
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did the wider tyres scrub at the drags ?? did you have to alter the camber to get them in ?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnturf View Post
    Did the wider tyres scrub at the drags ?? did you have to alter the camber to get them in ?
    I've told many guys to run the 305/40R18 Mickeys and many have without issue, you just get the guards rolled.

Some guys will rub on the side skirt, it's a strange one as not every car will rub, possibly the rear cradle is in a slightly different spot on some cars, the fix is some BMR adjustable rear trailing arms so you can push the tire back further and then there is zero chance of rubbing.

Physically looking at the car without the trailing arms it all clears fine, when the car squats then it gets closer and can kiss the side skirt, the arms have shown it can be pushed back about 7mm which is more than enough.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS & Fastest stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IATís? weíve achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnturf View Post
    As previously mentioned with the trailing arms and alignment I had no scrubbing, mine is second car Iíve seen done the same way.. and neither of us rub with same setup
    GenF2 30yr Senator
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

Some people have asked about water injection, my knowledge on this is very minimal.
    There are people with correct knowledge and experience that maybe able to better describe it.
    Meanwhile here goes my brief hopefully correct understanding.

First off my system is based on a AEM water/meth injection kit but with spray nozzles encorpoated into a special lid spacer.
    This allows a spray of water post supercharger screws (I think)
    Purpose of system is to.... erm this is where I lose it!!! help keep combustion temps in check which helps prevent
    pre-ignition of fuel mixture.
    All I know is my tuner recommended it and has experience with it.
    The same system has been in both my GTS and now Senator.

BMW now do the same thing in some of the latest cars!!
    GenF2 30yr Senator
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

That's my understanding of it Nick.
    The most efficient way of injecting water is behind the compressor. It allows maximum cooling and keeps the droplets intact. It works by not only cooling the cylinder temps but also slowing the burn process, allowing for more efficient/thorough combustion.

A manifold made up to house the nozzles between the supercharger and manifold/cylinders is the best method but can be difficult to fabricate and squeeze under the bonnet as it increases the overall height of the motor. Hats off to BMEP for designing it, it's a very clever idea that very few people would think of doing. Most would just inject in to the intake and be done with it even if the gains are nowhere near as good.

Thread Information