HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Ajusting Pedder XA Coiler ride height.

I have the XA Coilovers setup on my VE Sedan. Now im attempting to lower it, my understanding is place the car on jack stands, or jack up a side,at a time
    1. Remove wheel
    2. Use C Spanner to loosen the bottom ring
    3. Use C Spanner on the top ring under the spring and turn clockwise - UP Anti Clockwise down
    4. The Tighten Bottom ring once at desired height

Is the rear adjustment same as front?

Cheers

yes front and rear adjust the same way, loosen bottom ring then turn whole shock to raise or lower then re tighten, i get my rings tight and then get a hammer and give a firm tap to tighten that little bit more then they wont come loose, only issues with these is if u dont tighten them enough and then they come loose then the weight is too much for single ring and it flogs out but ive never had an issue doing it my way

Sounds like you have it right but ensure you're adjusting the length of the strut and not the preload on the spring.
    They have two sets of locking rings, you want to loosen/adjust the one on the strut body, ie the lower one, not the ones directly under the spring. It may be easier to unbolt the bottom of the strut and spin it if you're making big adjustments.

so give the collars under the spring a tap with c spnners to ensure fully tight, before winding up or down
    What collar do I put the c spanner on to raise the car up? The bottom or top collar ring?

the bottom single collar loosen off and then spin whole shock (rear side of shock inward twist) to raise as desired then spin lock collar down to set in place, i usually measure when done up the gap between the two inside collars and how far that gap is changed is how far the height will go up or down, or u can use the lower of the top collars to turn to spin shock to raise it up

O I done a diagram. In Red A or B , what number do I put C Spanner on to raise or to lower?

Would depend which way it's going. If you want it higher, I'd use B, lower, A. That way it's always tightening against the other ring rather than potentially loosening. But if it's tight, it shouldn't really come loose as there won't be much resistance

Alright no drama, on the driver side front coilover should I add a few more mm to compensate for the drivers weight.? And I guess the car will need a realignment done?

should be ok for the drivers weight the battery in the boot passenger side helps a little for offset, i found a bit more spring tension helps in the front they (or mine) seems a little under sprung as is and increasing it has helped i just have to go a little further in the front and little in the back will be good getting the balance right the rear is quite soft compared to the front spring rate, if u hit u bump it should feel the same front to rear if it dosnt can help adjusting it to suit for the proper balance

ok, was lucky enough to get to use a mates hoilst, very simple to raise or lower , but first attept i get home and couldnt get up the driveway without just about tearing the exhaust off one side of the car seemed a tad lower, went back to mates hoilst and raised it again, went home and scraped a tad. So i just jacked up the fronts at home and raised 5mm further and Job Done, feels a great deal nicer feel on the road for some reason. Wheel alignment Monday

Thread Information