HSV Forum

Page 2 of 3 First << 123 Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Item 6.4 in my manual
    states simply .... lower front driving lights come on when high beam is selected

that's it (and in my case, they do)
    Hhhhmmmm, not in mine. Is this a GTS we're talking about?

My girls VE SV6 has separate fog lights that can be added to any other lighting already on. Fog lights usually have a wider beam so it's not blinding to oncoming traffic.

My E3 HSV is not switched for the lower lights and they're driving lights, which have a more focused long distance throw, therefore not designed for fog. They come on with high beams automatically.

My VF, I added a lightbar behind the lower grill that is a dual colour unit. It can be white for driving lights and amber for fog.

The E3 has HID low and high beam, as does the VF, but the VE only has HID low beams.

Last edited by voodoo_sv6; 09-08-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

On the E1 you use to pull the light switch out towards you to turn fog lights on when any light was selected. Can this be done for your vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Rgmast View Post
    On the E1 you use to pull the light switch out towards you to turn fog lights on when any light was selected. Can this be done for your vehicle
    yeah I remember that for my vz, but no such provision in gen f hsv.

Quote Originally Posted by spidy View Post
    The GTS (or all the F2's with the LSA) don't have the additional driving/spot light like the F1 Senator or Clubsport for example. They're removed for the "additional cooling" that the LSA and associated coolers requires.

My understanding for them coming on is that there is no switch and they just come on with the high beam like Smitty is saying. I'd suggest putting the lights to manual and high beam on, should be on then.

Gen-F R8
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

There is no mention of actual fog lights in the manual. Parking lights are the DRLs:

Park Lamps: Reduced brightness
    A light that illuminates when the
    lamp control switch is turned to;.
    They are driving lamps for a more effective highbeam (low down spread and close to car) not fog lights. Proper fog lights should turn off your headlights completely so you get a low spread out light along the road basically under the fog so you dont get the glare from your headlights off the fog. NEVER use high beams! You'll see more if you switch your lights off (don't do that) .

Thanks for the info guys.

But it's interesting my manual doesn't have the Note section (at least the PDF version I'm looking at). I'll try it out tonight when I get home.

Thanks for the info guys.

But it's interesting my manual doesn't have the Note section (at least the PDF version I'm looking at). I'll try it out tonight when I get home.
    As I said before, the Gen F GTS doesn't have the lights, so there's no reason for it to be in the manual

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    As I said before, the Gen F GTS doesn't have the lights, so there's no reason for it to be in the manual
    But, isn't it the driving lamps we're talking about?

Thread Information