HSV Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>

GEN F HSV Parking Lights

Hi Guys
    Couldn't find anything in the threads so posting up. Does gen-f HSV have parking lights similar to the normal commodore?
    Reason I ask is I ordered some led parkers and number plate lights, but when I parked my car last night, I could not see any parking lights on the top part of headlight(similar to commodore). When I turn the light switch to parkers only the DRLs light up at the front. Does this mean that Gen F HSV's don't have parkers and DRLs actually work as parking light as well?
    Also when do the fog lights come up? I have tried switching on high beams, but the fog lamps won't light up. Just fyi, I am not planning to turn on my fog lamps in day to day driving.

Can't help you with the parking lights as the only VF I have is a SV6, and yes I changed mine over to LED.

However, I also changed the number plate lights and got an error on the dash as they weren't pulling enough current. They require one of those CANBUS resistor packs. I CBF, so went back to stock number plate lights.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

.. no, Gen-F do not have parkers (in the normal sense of the word)
    the DRL function sort of like them but switch off when the car is shut off
    (parkers in a normal VF also switch off automatically after 10 mins)

hth
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_sv6 View Post
    Can't help you with the parking lights as the only VF I have is a SV6, and yes I changed mine over to LED.

However, I also changed the number plate lights and got an error on the dash as they weren't pulling enough current. They require one of those CANBUS resistor packs. I CBF, so went back to stock number plate lights.
    Thanks! I have actually ordered the canbus error free t10 lights which the seller guarantees are error free, will give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    .. no, Gen-F do not have parkers (in the normal sense of the word)
    the DRL function sort of like them but switch off when the car is shut off
    (parkers in a normal VF also switch off automatically after 10 mins)

hth
    Thanks Smitty!
    Do you know how the fog lamps come on?
    Last edited by GREENR8; 1 Week Ago at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENR8 View Post
    Thanks Smitty!
    Do you know how the fog lamps come on?
    mine come on with high beam
    (which is REALLY stupid imo.... ever tried driving in fog with high beam?)

I have complained to HSV about this.. bloody dangerous
    Last edited by Smitty; 1 Week Ago at 09:20 PM.
    Smitty

I tried the other day and the fog lamps do not come on with high beam for me.

Driven a number of times in fog, and it is indeed outright dangerous with high beams on.

What are they referenced to in the manual?

Only Holden/HSV's that I've owned that had proper fog lights were VP Senators. They would dim the lights back to parkers when you turned them on as that's how they're required to be wired up.

Most cars now, they're not actually fog lights and are usually called "driving lights" or something along those lines. VT-VZ are like that and can come on with any light combination but legally, you can never use them with on coming traffic, much like a high beam.

How does it say to turn them on in the manual? I'd imagine it's with the high beam but there will still be another switch for them, generally like a two stage process as you're not really meant to drive with them on...just like spotlights

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post

Only Holden/HSV's that I've owned that had proper fog lights were VP Senators. They would dim the lights back to parkers when you turned them on as that's how they're required to be wired up.

Most cars now, they're not actually fog lights and are usually called "driving lights" or something along those lines. VT-VZ are like that and can come on with any light combination but legally, you can never use them with on coming traffic, much like a high beam.

How does it say to turn them on in the manual? I'd imagine it's with the high beam but there will still be another switch for them, generally like a two stage process as you're not really meant to drive with them on...just like spotlights
    There is no mention of actual fog lights in the manual. Parking lights are the DRLs:

Park Lamps: Reduced brightness
    A light that illuminates when the
    lamp control switch is turned to;.

I believe they come on with the high beam. Will check the manual again when I get back home.

Item 6.4 in my manual
    states simply .... lower front driving lights come on when high beam is selected

that's it (and in my case, they do)
    Smitty

Thread Information