HSV Forum

Page 6 of 7 First << ... 4567 Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    Run in period???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Isn't that the distance to the end of the dealership's driveway?

Quote Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV View Post
    Run in period???

I guess this is a period of time that he is having a run in with the owner aka his wife about who drives the car each day.
    I would hide the second key.

Their was many years ago mention of it meaning something other than bedding the brakes and piston rings in, lol

Just don't strain the engine, rev it once warmed up.

The Senator is one flash looking car with all the options and an LSA.

Warm it up, and drive it like you stole it!

2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Edit: lots of posts got in the middle but... it's a new engine. It deserves some respect. I know this to be true because HSV said so and because I've built a few engines in my time. I'm a big fan of the 'don't flog them, don't baby them' approach.
    Last edited by Zook; 14-09-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    Edit: lots of posts got in the middle but... it's a new engine. It deserves some respect. I know this to be true because HSV said so and because I've built a few engines in my time. I'm a big fan of the 'don't flog them, don't baby them' approach.
    Too much heat - when you flog an engine it gets to hot, stay in working temp to run the engine in.

Yeah, everyone has their own approach, me included, but when HSV and other engine builders like AMG provide guidance it's probably a good idea to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    I guess this is a period of time that he is having a run in with the owner aka his wife about who drives the car each day.
    I would hide the second key.

The Senator is one flash looking car with all the options and an LSA.
    That's funny. Cant hide the second key as that's mine! Yeah thanks, it is flash...and has an LSA.

I wouldn't stress too much about running it in. Whomever did the PD on it would probably do most of their work on the base Holden models during their shift. So when he picks up his next job card that says HSV on it, his mundane job becomes an exciting job. The road test being the most exciting.. Safe to say that your engine has been run in pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Clubby View Post
    I wouldn't stress too much about running it in. Whomever did the PD on it would probably do most of their work on the base Holden models during their shift. So when he picks up his next job card that says HSV on it, his mundane job becomes an exciting job. The road test being the most exciting.. Safe to say that your engine has been run in pretty well.
    Save to say from what I've seen in car manufacturing (ex Honda uk mfg 18.5yr employee)
    I would never worry about running in a car, frequent first few oil changes.
    Honda's were down runway test track and acceleration was not gentle.
    If the 14 or so Hondas I had everyone was redlined first few hears from day dot, everyone didn't use oil and returned better than advertised fuel economy and wasn't slow!!!
    GenF2 30yr Senator
    Previous GenF my15 Gts (fastest stock cam/heads 10.68 @ 130.3)
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

Yeah, I know, but it's only 1500km of not flogging/babying it so is not that hard.

Thread Information