HSV Forum

Page 2 of 7 First << 1234 ... Last >>
    Only you can answer that question. The better performance is probably only noticed by the stopwatch. It would be nice if you could drive both to decide but alas this probably isn't possible. More questions than answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    Now I'm confused. Went to look through the windows of our local dealer at the Senator to confirm we want it. There's the same colour GTSR auto there (we want auto) and the bride says 'you only live once' and why not buy the GTSR. So we'll be buying one of these cars but now it's a tough choice between the 2. 154 Senators or 1150 GTSRs. How many GTSRs are already claimed. Does the better performance make up for the reduced exclusivity?
    It's fun eh!!!
    I went Senator,
    No Power difference (people saying less restrictive intake filter!!)
    Only performance improvement is the bigger brakes and wider front wheel...

Sure if last of last special GTS is you're tickle (Gtsr) then go for it, I couldn't financially swing the $30k etc for what it was, I had the green light too go ahead but nah couldn't blow the wad for what the difference really was.
    Gen f both series 1&2 and 30th year senators build qty all up, I believe is less then GTSR's.

HSV have done something special with the W1. The GTSR benefits from its brakes and wheels and body kit and interior designing (with own logo's).
    If the pricing was say $10k over what I paid for my 30yr senator (less than $98 on road) than I may of well pushed it more but, sense said $25plus k more nah mortgage little one priorities.
    Plus I'll be driving around in mine and I'll be seeing several Gtsr's in my village alone!! (Common) let alone couple W1's be within few kms where I live.

Anyway my view.
    Either way you go you'll have a great car
    Last edited by NickGts; 06-08-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    GenF2 30yr Senator
    Previous GenF my15 Gts (fastest stock cam/heads 10.68 @ 130.3)
    Previous VXR8 (vxr
    Previous GTS-r (uk)

Now I'm confused. Went to look through the windows of our local dealer at the Senator to confirm we want it. There's the same colour GTSR auto there (we want auto) and the bride says 'you only live once' and why not buy the GTSR. So we'll be buying one of these cars but now it's a tough choice between the 2. 154 Senators or 1150 GTSRs. How many GTSRs are already claimed. Does the better performance make up for the reduced exclusivity?
    I was in the same situation as you are in now except i was compairing the 30th Aniv GTS to the GTSR, i ended up going with the GTS as i could not justify the 23k price difference for essentially bodykit, slightly wider wheels and brakes. There was only 150 30th aniv GTS's built vs the 1150 GTSR's and mine is one of 5 in SOAG with sunroof & auto, ive already seen bout 12 GTSR's on the road already but no 30th aniv GTS as yet.

At the end of the day its your choice and your money, if you can justify the price difference between the Senator & GTSR then definatly go for it.

What "better performance" are you referring to? They make the same power, suspension settings are slightly firmer (Senator can be made firmer by turning a dial in the cabin), and the brakes are slightly bigger, although I'm doubtful this will make any difference on the street. So in my opinion it comes down to which image you prefer, classy and understated, or the more aggressive top dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

If you have the means, go the Senator. The Gen-F2 Senny is the only one that made me wish for something more than my MY09.

Mick
    MY09 Senator Signature
    Cleaned --- Protected --- Driven

They're all great cars- all of them.

It all comes down to what your wallet lets you sit in, and then what your bum
    tells you is the right fit for you..

Enjoy what you buy/have & who gives a rats if they made more of that than this etc....
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    They're all great cars- all of them.

It all comes down to what your wallet lets you sit in, and then what your bum
    tells you is the right fit for you..

Enjoy what you buy/have & who gives a rats if they made more of that than this etc....
    1300 GTS-R's sounds a lot, but it really isn't that much. There were a lot more Gen-F GTS's made and you don't see them everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

Thanks heaps for all your opinions. I think I'll stick with the Senator because I do want something a little more understated than the more sporty, overt GTSR. And the reduced numbers means something to me. So does the extra $20k+ let's be honest. No memory seats in the GTSR is a bit of a let down. $98k on road is pretty good, I think I'll ask for that :o)

Even the Commodores get the memory seats now. Crazy that all HSV's don't have them. Not that I necessarily require them as I'm the only driver .
    Current Ride: GenF GTS #2580 Heron White Manual 2015
    Previous Ride: E3 Senator SV #123 Sizzle Manual 2011
    Previous Ride: VYII R8 #354 Ultra Violet Manual 2004

Thanks heaps for all your opinions. I think I'll stick with the Senator because I do want something a little more understated than the more sporty, overt GTSR. And the reduced numbers means something to me. So does the extra $20k+ let's be honest. No memory seats in the GTSR is a bit of a let down. $98k on road is pretty good, I think I'll ask for that )
    20k saved for future modding if going that path.

2014 HSV GenF-GTS fitted with a Forced Induction Interchiller
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's outright Fastest VF GTS & Fastest 6.2L 1900LSA with a stock bottom end
    9.700 @145.22mph 21/June/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Looking for colder IAT's? we have achieved 11c IAT2 on a 41c day and -8c during winter.
    We have proven cabin AC vent temps are better than GM spec, both IAT2's and vent temps are all on video with nothing to hide.

Thread Information