HSV Forum

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last >>

2017 Senator Signature VF2 30 Years

Hi guys
    I'm about to drop a load of my hard earned on one of these. I've never had an HSV before and spending this much makes me nervous to be honest. I'm buying it because I love Australian made. I've owned loads of Toranas as a result. But this is likely to be the end of an era. This will be the last Commodore-based Senator (HSVs words ) and that means something to me. I like V8s. I like 4drs. Should I buy the Senator?

yep
    2017 Tourer R8 30th Anniversary
    2013 Gen-F R8 SV Tourer manual - gone

Haha, yeah I have seen you and your Tourer and reckoned you might say that.

Yep get one!!!

There is nothing out there that is new that combines the size, performance and creature comforts for the money. Even double the money.

Out with it what sort of money? I know just because one sells for X, that has little to do with what other dealers want,
    but I do like to Senator, we miss the Grange features, Senator has most, less DVDs and tri zone C/C I think
    BUT is does get the LSA and I think the same kws, not the lower level stated!

Drive away is about $107k. Power is 410KW. No DVDs and I haven't seen the tri zone cc. The exhaust is great, almost always open/noisy, if you want. That's a good thing. I like the limited numbers too, 154 I hear. Thanks for the encouragement!

2017 Senator Signature VF2 30 Years

Senator is a great choice. A lot classier than the GTS-R with 99% of its performance, and at $20k cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Gen-F GTS
    2017 VF2 SS-V Redline Hackwagon

yes, yes you should. the senator has always been my favourite model.

Now I'm confused. Went to look through the windows of our local dealer at the Senator to confirm we want it. There's the same colour GTSR auto there (we want auto) and the bride says 'you only live once' and why not buy the GTSR. So we'll be buying one of these cars but now it's a tough choice between the 2. 154 Senators or 1150 GTSRs. How many GTSRs are already claimed. Does the better performance make up for the reduced exclusivity?

Thread Information