HSV Forum

Thread: which headers

which headers

I have 3" twin X force exhaust on my 06 Senator and want to biff the cats and also get headers eventualy. Which are best and best value for money? I emailed GM Motorsport about their Ramjet headers as they sound good, but, no reply.

Anyone have experience with them, results?

other brands?

Best value for money would be a secondhand set of headers.
    the difference between brands is so marginal you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

make sure you get the correct collector size for what you want to achieve with the car.

You already have xforce, id buy xforce headers and cats to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim621 View Post
    Best value for money would be a secondhand set of headers.
    the difference between brands is so marginal you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

make sure you get the correct collector size for what you want to achieve with the car.
    +1

I would go with long tube headers over shorties as well, greater scavenging effect. Pacemaker, hurricane, difilippo all good brands.

I'm pretty happy with my Hurricane 1-3/4" Long 4-1's. They gave good gains and make a nice exhaust note.

You might want to consider ceramic coating too.
    2016 VF II SSV-R Wagon with LSA Blower

has anyone used the Ramjet long tubes? results? I dont plan to run cats so wont bother with them. But GM motorsport, do they every reply to emails? have messaged them twice, through their own website and nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by rodders188 View Post
    You already have xforce, id buy xforce headers and cats to match.
    +1 on that...had 1 7/8 primaries 4 into 1 and 3" collector with the 100 pci metal substrate cats snd twin 3" mandrel system withOUT the varex and loved it...no drone at 1700 up hill or anywhere else in the VESS...
    Last edited by UNLEASHED; 15 Hours Ago at 05:36 PM.

Thread Information